Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft bricked HTC One

Tip us?
 
kraze1994
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default [Q] Soft bricked HTC One

Somehow I managed to soft brick my AT&T HTC one...I've spent the last three days trying to fix it, but I am utterly failing. I'm at the point where I am trying to flash the factory RUU, but I have no idea which RUU.zip to use.

Basic Googling and troubleshooting has brought me to this post; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428276 but I frankly have no idea which one I should choose. I've tried a few but they've all failed. I'm really just looking for some assistance on which zip to use and I should be able to take it from there.
 
GalaxyUser50
Old
(Last edited by GalaxyUser50; 25th April 2014 at 03:34 AM.)
#2  
GalaxyUser50's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
Somehow I managed to soft brick my AT&T HTC one...I've spent the last three days trying to fix it, but I am utterly failing. I'm at the point where I am trying to flash the factory RUU, but I have no idea which RUU.zip to use.

Basic Googling and troubleshooting has brought me to this post; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2428276 but I frankly have no idea which one I should choose. I've tried a few but they've all failed. I'm really just looking for some assistance on which zip to use and I should be able to take it from there.
Are you S-ON or S-OFF? Also, what version number are you along with your HBOOT. You can do "fastboot getvar all" PLEASE DON'T POST YOUR SERIAL AND IMEI!!!
  • Current Phone:
  • AT&T HTC One 32GB converted to Google Edition
  • Security- OFF!
  • Previous Phones: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, iPhone 4s
  • Tablets: Nexus 7 2013 16GB, Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyUser50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kraze1994
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50 View Post
Are you S-ON or S-OFF? Also, what version number are you along with your HBOOT. You can do "fastboot getvar all" PLEASE DON'T POST YOUR SERIAL AND IMEI!!!
I am S-ON and HBOOT is 1.56.0000
 
GalaxyUser50
Old
#4  
GalaxyUser50's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
I am S-ON and HBOOT is 1.56.0000
Try the one thats named: RUU M7 UL K44 SENSE55 MR Cingular US 4.18.502.7 R10 Radio 4T.24.3218.09 10.26.1718.01L Release 356565 Signed 2 (AT&T)

Thats the latest kitkat update. Its signed so it should work for S-On
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyUser50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kraze1994
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50 View Post
Try the one thats named: RUU M7 UL K44 SENSE55 MR Cingular US 4.18.502.7 R10 Radio 4T.24.3218.09 10.26.1718.01L Release 356565 Signed 2 (AT&T)

Thats the latest kitkat update. Its signed so it should work for S-On
I attempted that one but I can't even get to .exe to run. So I moved onto..

RUU M7 UL JB43 SENSE50 MR Cingular US 3.17.502.3 Radio 4A.19.3263.13 10.38j.1157.04 Release 334235 Signed 2

I'll report back to let you know if it worked.
 
kraze1994
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
I attempted that one but I can't even get to .exe to run. So I moved onto..

RUU M7 UL JB43 SENSE50 MR Cingular US 3.17.502.3 Radio 4A.19.3263.13 10.38j.1157.04 Release 334235 Signed 2

I'll report back to let you know if it worked.
I can't get any of those .exes to work. First one just doesn't open and the second one gives me an error; http://i.imgur.com/YlSItRE.png .

Any suggestions on which .zip files I should use?
 
GalaxyUser50
Old
#7  
GalaxyUser50's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
I can't get any of those .exes to work. First one just doesn't open and the second one gives me an error; http://i.imgur.com/YlSItRE.png .

Any suggestions on which .zip files I should use?
Have you tried "Run as admin" through a right click? Also did you check the MD5? Not sure if the zip files would work because they use an older version and I don't think you can flash an older version with S-ON
 
kraze1994
Old
(Last edited by kraze1994; 25th April 2014 at 02:02 AM.)
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50 View Post
Have you tried "Run as admin" through a right click? Also did you check the MD5? Not sure if the zip files would work because they use an older version and I don't think you can flash an older version with S-ON
Yes, I tried running as admin on both and the MD5's seem to correct.
 
GalaxyUser50
Old
#9  
GalaxyUser50's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 95
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze1994 View Post
Yes, I tried running as admin on both and the MD5's seem to correct.
Hmm. What are you able to get into right now? Only HBOOT? Recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyUser50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kraze1994
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 39
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50 View Post
Hmm. What are you able to get into right now? Only HBOOT? Recovery?
I can get into bootloader and recovery without issues. Though, I keep seeing a pattern here when I try to sideload roms..etc. It doesn't seem like my SD card is mounting properly and I'm not sure how to fix that.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes