Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help me 2 understand plz

Tip us?

sanglier16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me 2 understand plz

Hi all
when i bought the xperia Z ultra for the first time under the android 4.2, it had the best color rendering of the market. the colors vividness and the details on the viewed video's where incomparable.
I never updated till kitkat....but after the lastest updates, and that damned "white balance", the screen of my xperia Z ultra became identical to my old xperia Z, faded colors with white dominance.
do not tell me that i have just to adjust the white balance and it will be fine, it has nothing to do, and it will not change anything.
only people who have purchased or have seen the Xperia Z ultra at the time of the android 4.2 can understand me...
on this video:
youtube: panasonic beautiful girl :
at the 1:04 minute, I was able to clearly read the brand of shoe, as well as clearly see the sewing on the strings of the sandal. the colors from the beginning of the video until the end was very intence and vivid, up to turn the galaxy note3 jealous, but after updates, this is no longer possible
I thought moving from 4.3 to kitkat, sony would remedy this problem and take off this stupide "white balance" and return to the best work it has done at the beginning , but sadly, this is not the case.
are we supposed to wait for a new update that will fix this? or what is done now become our sad reality? because i bought the xperia Z ultra for it distinction against the xperia Z in colors vivacity on videos. i don't like the idea of having now just a larger xperia Z !!!
Plz can someone explain me what wrong ? Was the backlight + bravia Engin better then x-reality + triluminos ?
Ty in advance.....

Sadman Khan
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Umm...Z Ultra had X Reality and Triluminos display from the start. That didn't really change you know.

Sent from my C6802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Sadman Khan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadman Khan View Post
Umm...Z Ultra had X Reality and Triluminos display from the start. That didn't really change you know.

Indeed. There was no change just the ability to adjust if wanted to.

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel

warfareonly
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Triluminos is hardware tech. One can't 'remove' it.
While I will agree that there is some difference in the display, most of it is for the good. Bravia/X-Reality on Sony and the AMOLED screens on the Samsungs make the screen oversaturated. Most probably, it is this oversaturation (not sure if this is a real word ) you miss.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1093

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfareonly View Post
Triluminos is hardware tech. One can't 'remove' it.
While I will agree that there is some difference in the display, most of it is for the good. Bravia/X-Reality on Sony and the AMOLED screens on the Samsungs make the screen oversaturated. Most probably, it is this oversaturation (not sure if this is a real word ) you miss.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk
I agree, look for and turn on xreality (we never had bravia2 on the ZU) if you want [over] saturated colours

Have you unlocked the bootloader at any stage or rooted?
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

sanglier16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
no never.
I have an Xperia Z ultra from Vodafone.
I can guarantee you that the difference in the display/colors on the Z ultra with the first android version is by far better VS when the mobile got "white balance" I have the old Xperia Z, and my brother has the note3, I never updated my phone from it's first version only when kitkat come.
before I update, my resolution was by far better than the Xperia Z, and for the first time, I complexes my brother who buys always samsung device (me Sony) in this area. I swear that the difference was so huge that even a colorblind will be surprised how it can be..
the Xperia ultra had better color, the RED/blue color was hilarious, all colors were more vivid and sharp vs super amoled. but now, they are exactly the same as on the Xperia Z, any difference at all, sometimes a little better on some picture, but nothing serious.
I did a side by side with an Xperia Z ultra 4.3...it had the same screen resolution as I'm now.
if someone had the opportunity of seeing the screen of the Xperia Z ultra on its first launch (when it was with black UI not white as now), he will certainly approve what I'm saying.
if only I could go back to the first 4.2 without bootloader

sanglier16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hi
i know that the triluminos is the new led blue color under the screen VS white used before on all TFT.
i just missed to say that i was talking about screen calibration after the 4.3/4.4 update (if u notice now the z ultra with triluminos VS the Z without it, they are no difference at all)
sorry for my bad english

sanglier16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hi
turning on/off x-reality does not make a big difference on all videos. on some who are full HD there is no difference at all.
I'm sure that on the 4.2, although written X-reality, it was bravia Engine2.
the real new x-reality was brough just after the update, before was only the name x-reality written to hide the old bravia engine.

Sadman Khan
Old
Thanks Meter 235
X-reality doesn't oversaturate colours anymore like BE2. It only enhances the sharpness of the image and gives a little colour boost so that the colours don't seem false and hence "real"

sanglier16
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
can we have BE2 on the z ultra plz without root or botloader?