Post Reply
Info 2

[Q] wish to install cyanogen mod for spice mi 1010 (rk 3066)

20th February 2013, 01:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
hello developers ! thanks for ur amazing work i keep my galaxy pop 5570 updated 4.2.1
i recently purchased spice mi 1010 which comes with 4.1.1 and i wish to make it customizable by cyanogen mod.
Searched the forum twice for my device and it wasnt there. if i had been careless pls route me there or help me with it.
i saw cwm for rk 3066 devices but my device was not listed in that.
1.What happens if i try that and my device gets bootloop ?
2.Can i extract the stock rom for future use?
thanks in advance
20th February 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #2  
Jack Jake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fremont
Thanks Meter: 15
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri91

1.What happens if i try that and my device gets bootloop ?
2.Can i extract the stock rom for future use?
thanks in advance

1. you can always go back to stock, or if you have a nandroid ready, you can restore it
2. i dont understand your question, what do you mean by "extract stock rom"?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Jake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 09:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Jake

1. you can always go back to stock, or if you have a nandroid ready, you can restore it
2. i dont understand your question, what do you mean by "extract stock rom"?

Thanku jack
Can u explain me how to install cwm to spice mi 1010 or can u redirect me where the steps are.....
21st February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
Jack Jake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fremont
Thanks Meter: 15
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri91

Thanku jack
Can u explain me how to install cwm to spice mi 1010 or can u redirect me where the steps are.....

okay first of all you need root (of course)
1.download ROM Manager from play store.
2. open and grant if it asks for root access
3. select "Recovery Setup<Then "Install Or Update Recovery" and select ClockworkMod
4. choose your device name
5.if its not there press "Device Not listed above"
6.Press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
7. wait for it to flash
8. Done
now go ahead and FIRST make a backup
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Jake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2013, 02:51 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
mod on spice 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri91

hello developers ! thanks for ur amazing work i keep my galaxy pop 5570 updated 4.2.1
i recently purchased spice mi 1010 which comes with 4.1.1 and i wish to make it customizable by cyanogen mod.
Searched the forum twice for my device and it wasnt there. if i had been careless pls route me there or help me with it.
i saw cwm for rk 3066 devices but my device was not listed in that.
1.What happens if i try that and my device gets bootloop ?
2.Can i extract the stock rom for future use?
thanks in advance

Hi Giri,

could you mod your Spice Mi 1010 tab ? I also purchased one and would eventually like to run Ubuntu on it... Thanks.
7th March 2013, 08:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviS1010

Hi Giri,

could you mod your Spice Mi 1010 tab ? I also purchased one and would eventually like to run Ubuntu on it... Thanks.

wat jack said seems to be working but i didnt try still coz very busy in job! shd try soon
7th March 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
steps
Quote:
Originally Posted by giri91

wat jack said seems to be working but i didnt try still coz very busy in job! shd try soon

ok, please let me know when you are done. I also tried jack's steps. But at step 6 it asks me whether i have installed the clockworkmod recovery
manually. And ofcourse i have not. So stuck at that. Is this because i have not yet rooted my device. ? Do u know how to root this device. Is the process generic?
8th March 2013, 01:49 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Question
Stuck at the same point.. all the root softwares are useless out there. Tried all possible methods but to no avail.
the clockwork recovery mod says the device has one recovery installed and i tried to boot into it with no success. Aren't there any solutions for these as this is a great tab for around 10K.
8th March 2013, 02:36 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Rooting is possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisha13

Stuck at the same point.. all the root softwares are useless out there. Tried all possible methods but to no avail.
the clockwork recovery mod says the device has one recovery installed and i tried to boot into it with no success. Aren't there any solutions for these as this is a great tab for around 10K.

goto technotweet . com and see the blog how-to-root-spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010 (i don't know why google is not showing this in search result
can't post link as i am new
Follow the steps provided in 2 links on this page one by one.
I have followed the procedure and rooted my spice mi 1010 successfully
10th March 2013, 06:50 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by utk787

goto technotweet . com and see the blog how-to-root-spice-stellar-pad-mi-1010 (i don't know why google is not showing this in search result
can't post link as i am new
Follow the steps provided in 2 links on this page one by one.
I have followed the procedure and rooted my spice mi 1010 successfully

I could root the Spice Mi 1010 according to the instructions. Now what ? the clockworkmod recovery needs to be installed manually ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank