Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 ROM Signal Problems.

Tip us?

leo9891
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default 4.4.2 ROM Signal Problems.

Hey guys, I've been having problems with 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs. I'm not a newb when it comes to flashing ROMs, but whenever I install a 4.4.2 ROM, I lose my service and can't make calls or use mobile data. Now im guessing it has to do with the radio/modem. Now when it comes to radios/modems, im a newb.

Is there something different about 4.4.2 ROMs that I'm not aware about? I've flashed plenty of other ROMs before, but never had this problem.

If any of you guys can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 873
Here is my about phone screen. Next to baseband it said nb4. What does yours say?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398142044924.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	2701119  
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 873
This is how you flash the nb4 modem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678774

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leo9891
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Mine says MDL. I've flashed ROMs with the NB4 Modem before and same thing. Am I supposed to flash the NB4 Modem on my Stock Rooted 4.2.2 JellyBean first, before I flash the 4.4.2 KitKat ROM?

flipper2006
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo9891 View Post
Mine says MDL. I've flashed ROMs with the NB4 Modem before and same thing. Am I supposed to flash the NB4 Modem on my Stock Rooted 4.2.2 JellyBean first, before I flash the 4.4.2 KitKat ROM?
I'm having a problem that I cant figure out also. I had Beanstalk, working good.. Then someone posted a beanstalk 0414 link from AT&T . As soon as I did this I had this unresolvable problem where many (not all) cant call me or text me. I can text them and call them. When I call my cell from a desk phone, it says "one moment" or something it gets cut off then it rings my phone. I tried odin'ing nb4 and it's there but my phone just doesn't something.

I went back and odin'ed the stock rom, rerooted etc.. but no difference. same issue. Now I put the original working beanstalk on my phone and its fine other then the issues noted above. I'm in south florida, I wonder if there is an issue with NB4 down here.

PS. When I odin'ed back Stock, my Baseband was still nb4, is this correct? the modem wont change?
Phones ->Treo's - >Blackberry 8900 ->Blackberry 9700 ->HTC Touch Pro -> Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant -> Samsung Galaxy SII
Tablets - Nook Color -> Motorola Xoom -> Acer Iconia -> Nook Tablet (Returned) -> Transformer Prime (Exchanged For Infinity) -> Transformer Infinity (Exchanged For Galaxy Note 10.1)

PanchoPlanet
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This procedure will work, I updated my modem to NB4 before kitkat and had no data loss whatsoever after upgrading to kitkat.
Running Fenny's stock /rooted Rom with no problems. Just follow directions in op. Also running Philz touch recovery.

Pp.

sent from my P5113 using TouchPal mind control keyboard. (Beta)
Sent from my Ginger infused Asus G73.
The Following User Says Thank You to PanchoPlanet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leo9891
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
This procedure will work, I updated my modem to NB4 before kitkat and had no data loss whatsoever after upgrading to kitkat.
Running Fenny's stock /rooted Rom with no problems. Just follow directions in op. Also running Philz touch recovery.

Pp.

Installed NB4 Modem while on 4.2.2 and it worked. Thanks for everyones help. Signal seems to be the same, if not better! Now my recovery is acting wonky, but its not cause of the modem, I know that for sure.... that should be no problem though, I was just inexperienced with modems and needed help with that. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to leo9891 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PanchoPlanet
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Installed NB4 Modem while on 4.2.2 and it worked. Thanks for everyones help. Signal seems to be the same, if not better! Now my recovery is acting wonky, but its not cause of the modem, I know that for sure.... that should be no problem though, I was just inexperienced with modems and needed help with that. Thanks!
I use Philz touch recovery and have had no problems.
Don't forget to hit thanks button. 😄

Pp.

Sent from my Ginger infused Asus G73.

leo9891
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
I use Philz touch recovery and have had no problems.
Don't forget to hit thanks button. 😄

Pp.

I got my recovery working again. IDK what was wrong with it, just flashed a new one updated version and it's working again.

Kriptik210
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2006 View Post
I'm having a problem that I cant figure out also. I had Beanstalk, working good.. Then someone posted a beanstalk 0414 link from AT&T . As soon as I did this I had this unresolvable problem where many (not all) cant call me or text me. I can text them and call them. When I call my cell from a desk phone, it says "one moment" or something it gets cut off then it rings my phone. I tried odin'ing nb4 and it's there but my phone just doesn't something.

I went back and odin'ed the stock rom, rerooted etc.. but no difference. same issue. Now I put the original working beanstalk on my phone and its fine other then the issues noted above. I'm in south florida, I wonder if there is an issue with NB4 down here.

PS. When I odin'ed back Stock, my Baseband was still nb4, is this correct? the modem wont change?
I live in central FL and NB4 works perfect. As for rerooting you would have to flash back to the original modem for it to change. Before you do that, try flashing a different kernel like ktoonzes

.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............