How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting & firmware downgrading help

OP Bobinux

26th April 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,
I'm having a problem with rooting Prestigio PAP5400 DUO smartphone. I had recently updated it to the newest firmware and later tried to root it with various software. SRSRoot couldn't do that, tough it showed, that previous firmware was rootable, so I am asking if whether it is still possible to somehow root it or can anyone help me with downgrading, there are firmware versions to download from official support page, but no idea how to downgrade and if it's even possible. The main reason why actually need rooting is to increase RAM thrue Ultra speed SD card, since quad core and 512 Mb RAM ain't exactly the best couple... Perhaps there is somethig else do that without the RAM managment software and root acess. I don't know if 125-50 or less free RAM is normal, since the aren't a lot of apps in it, and even if i clean them, they tend to restart sometime after, I don't want to uninstall them tough, just more RAM and for that I need solutions for the previous requests. Would be good enough to know if there is an expert that can solve these problems.
7th May 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #2  

1 posts
Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting
Upgrade, don't downgrade it and use Kingo Root. Mine is v.1.0.18. Be sure that your driver is instaled properly first. I don't think you can incrase RAM because stock kernel doesn't support Swap. Anyway I may be wrong.
Good luck.
9th May 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thank you, i used VRoot and it worked, got full root, still, you are right about swap memory, the stock doesn't allow it, still the cell phone is now significantly faster and less lag occurs due the privileges of having root acess for some cell managment apps. Just be careful if using VRoot, it also seems to behave as a spyware, probably China's intension
19th August 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
More
Unhappy help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinux

Thank you, i used VRoot and it worked, got full root, still, you are right about swap memory, the stock doesn't allow it, still the cell phone is now significantly faster and less lag occurs due the privileges of having root acess for some cell managment apps. Just be careful if using VRoot, it also seems to behave as a spyware, probably China's intension

i cannot install adb universal drivers...in win 7 32bit or win 8 x64...please, could u help me???
20th August 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincio3

i cannot install adb universal drivers...in win 7 32bit or win 8 x64...please, could u help me???

Hmm, i got it working, by using Mobogenie now, the new version seems to be able to connect it to the pc normally. Try using it, the Vroot seems to risky to use on computer, atleast for me.
4th September 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #6  

2 posts
Baido root
baido root app works well, anyone knows where can I find cwm for 5400duo?
21st October 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #7  
Flag Belosavci

4 posts
More
Question kingo root
I sucesfly rooted my prestigio 5400 duo,with kingo root app...on win x64 but no cwm recowery.Where i find cwm zip?Plz help sory to my bad inglis wrote...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread