Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 43,008 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting & firmware downgrading help

Tip us?

Bobinux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting & firmware downgrading help

Hello,
I'm having a problem with rooting Prestigio PAP5400 DUO smartphone. I had recently updated it to the newest firmware and later tried to root it with various software. SRSRoot couldn't do that, tough it showed, that previous firmware was rootable, so I am asking if whether it is still possible to somehow root it or can anyone help me with downgrading, there are firmware versions to download from official support page, but no idea how to downgrade and if it's even possible. The main reason why actually need rooting is to increase RAM thrue Ultra speed SD card, since quad core and 512 Mb RAM ain't exactly the best couple... Perhaps there is somethig else do that without the RAM managment software and root acess. I don't know if 125-50 or less free RAM is normal, since the aren't a lot of apps in it, and even if i clean them, they tend to restart sometime after, I don't want to uninstall them tough, just more RAM and for that I need solutions for the previous requests. Would be good enough to know if there is an expert that can solve these problems.

ART152
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Prestigio PAP5400 DUO rooting

Upgrade, don't downgrade it and use Kingo Root. Mine is v.1.0.18. Be sure that your driver is instaled properly first. I don't think you can incrase RAM because stock kernel doesn't support Swap. Anyway I may be wrong.
Good luck.

Bobinux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, i used VRoot and it worked, got full root, still, you are right about swap memory, the stock doesn't allow it, still the cell phone is now significantly faster and less lag occurs due the privileges of having root acess for some cell managment apps. Just be careful if using VRoot, it also seems to behave as a spyware, probably China's intension

vincio3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinux View Post
Thank you, i used VRoot and it worked, got full root, still, you are right about swap memory, the stock doesn't allow it, still the cell phone is now significantly faster and less lag occurs due the privileges of having root acess for some cell managment apps. Just be careful if using VRoot, it also seems to behave as a spyware, probably China's intension
i cannot install adb universal drivers...in win 7 32bit or win 8 x64...please, could u help me???
HTC ONE X
HBOOT 1.39
BLADE ELITE v2.0 beta 2

HTC DESIRE AMOLED
HBOOT
Bravo PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
Hboot-6.93.1002
Radio:32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
CM10 VJ
CWM v5.0.2.0

Bobinux
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincio3 View Post
i cannot install adb universal drivers...in win 7 32bit or win 8 x64...please, could u help me???
Hmm, i got it working, by using Mobogenie now, the new version seems to be able to connect it to the pc normally. Try using it, the Vroot seems to risky to use on computer, atleast for me.