Phone Ubuntu Touch ROM for D2USC/D2LTE? (D2ATT matches specs)

OP UltimaXtreme

25th April 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
For several weeks, I've been trying to set this up, get my S3 to run Ubuntu Touch. The full version is around the corner, and I'd like to be prepared when it comes. My problem is that my S3 is a US Cellular model. The recommended action is to use AT&T ROMs and kernels to do it, but of course, it always fails.

With this in mind, I'm curious if there's progress in D2LTE-based revisions of UbTouch. I know CyanogenMod recently went for unified devices on the S3, so the D2LTE ROMs go from Verizon to Sprint to USC. Has anything like this been done for UbTouch that also works on D2USC? I've looked at the versions available, but they use Multiboot Recovery, and there's no TWRP Multiboot for D2USC at this time.

I've experimented with it before, spending an entire day attempting to install a stock UbTouch (as in no multiboot) before, and never succeeding. Those files were from a year ago, however. With UbTouch so close to a stable release, it'd be nice to try soon.
27th April 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #2  
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 79

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaXtreme

For several weeks, I've been trying to set this up, get my S3 to run Ubuntu Touch. The full version is around the corner, and I'd like to be prepared when it comes. My problem is that my S3 is a US Cellular model. The recommended action is to use AT&T ROMs and kernels to do it, but of course, it always fails.

With this in mind, I'm curious if there's progress in D2LTE-based revisions of UbTouch. I know CyanogenMod recently went for unified devices on the S3, so the D2LTE ROMs go from Verizon to Sprint to USC. Has anything like this been done for UbTouch that also works on D2USC? I've looked at the versions available, but they use Multiboot Recovery, and there's no TWRP Multiboot for D2USC at this time.

I've experimented with it before, spending an entire day attempting to install a stock UbTouch (as in no multiboot) before, and never succeeding. Those files were from a year ago, however. With UbTouch so close to a stable release, it'd be nice to try soon.

You have 2 options. You can make a port or wait lol sucks but that''s pretty much it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread