Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Easily transfer what you're doing on a PC to your Android device?

Tip us?

Organized_Chaos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Lightbulb Easily transfer what you're doing on a PC to your Android device?

So I find a news article I'd like to read but I don't have time to read it. Is there an app I could install on my phone and my computer to make it easy to me to just push this site to my phone? Ideally I would click a button in my browser and it would cause the browser on my phone to automatically open and display the website I want to read.

Any ideas?

Aganar
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Use a qr code generator to turn the url to a qr code and scan it with your phone?

I think chrome may also have something that accomplishes this. Something about syncing across platforms? Someone illuminate for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Wesleyy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganar View Post
Use a qr code generator to turn the url to a qr code and scan it with your phone?

I think chrome may also have something that accomplishes this. Something about syncing across platforms? Someone illuminate for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Ya I usually QR code it. But if you have Chrome beta you can see all the tabs you have opened on other devices and open the tabs on your phone/tablet

nyloncrack
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Chrome to phone app

Chrome - Chrome to phone extension

Firefox - Fox to phone extension

ArmorD
Old
Thanks Meter 364
The best way is to use Pocket(formerly Read It Later, also the name of FF extension). It is universal, Firefox, Chrome, Any android browser(share button) etc. I prefer it to Chrome to Phone.
My Big Boy:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE
⌐■_■SlimKat⌐■_■

G̶a̶l̶a̶x̶y̶ ̶S̶2̶ ̶I̶n̶t̶.̶
i̶9̶0̶0̶0̶
Z̶T̶E̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶d̶e̶
N̶e̶x̶u̶s̶ ̶7̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶2̶
T̶r̶o̶n̶s̶m̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶C̶X̶-̶9̶1̶9̶
O̶U̶Y̶A̶

I put the sex in dyslexia
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

debernardis
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Firefox has it, once desktop and mobile versions are synchronized.
You open mobile version, you find same bookmarks and open tabs.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Ernesto de Bernardis
[Galaxy Note]

Pkt_Lnt
Old
Thanks Meter 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorD View Post
The best way is to use Pocket(formerly Read It Later, also the name of FF extension). It is universal, Firefox, Chrome, Any android browser(share button) etc. I prefer it to Chrome to Phone.
This is the best, I have tried them all. I have Pocket on my phone, kindle fire, laptop, and work computer.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i9295 GSM /// [[ROM][WIP/Experimental][AOSP][4.4.4_r2] Google Edition for SGS4A (int'l) /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM /// [ROM] [AOSP] Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Nexus 7.2013 /// 4.4.4 [KTU84P] Stock KitKat (unlocked & rooted) /// Gravity Box [KK]

Organized_Chaos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Maxthon browser has Cloud Push which is exactly what I was picturing when I asked this question. I didn't really want all my tabs to be synced and I didn't want to deal with add-ons , plugins, or 3rd party apps. I'll install Maxthon on each device and just use that. I like the interface better than any other browser so I'd be switching to it even without this feature.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Much appreciated.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Just to throw another suggestion out there:

https://www.pushbullet.com/
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)