Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ XXLT4 ] Floating MultiWindows: ANY DPI with 4 MultiWindow Layouts

Tip us?

xperiacle
Old
(Last edited by xperiacle; 20th May 2013 at 10:02 AM.) Reason: Update info....
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4276
Smile [ XXLT4 ] Floating MultiWindows: ANY DPI with 4 MultiWindow Layouts

XXLT4 Version: (May or may not work on LT5) Use at your own RISK.

DOWNLOAD - Use this if your system apps are in stock default locations (/system/app folder) and some apps in preload partition. Please check with your ROM dev the location of system apps and rearrange the apps in the zip file to correspond to your ROM.

DOWNLOAD - Use this if all your system apps are in Preload partition.

HOW TO INSTALL?

1. REquirements: ROOTED DEODEX LT4 ROM with busybox (preferably not heavily modified as this mod may pose conflicts with existing features of your ROM, try a stock LT4 Rom like thaidai's to start with to make sure this mod is working and maybe you can try other custom LT4 Roms later). I have not tested this mod with LT5 so use with LT5 at your own risk. Do not flash on ODEX roms whether stock or custom.

2. Use my included app Floating MW Control to explore the features of this mod.

3. Please refer to old post on LSZ below on how to use the bundled apps like swipepad and for tips and important info to remember.

4. Enjoy for at least a week or two before I release the NEXT Floating MultiWindows MOD using the FlashBar as launcher.

NOTE:
* When running Multiwindow Manager app, NEVER ever allow it to patch anything, just choose the "never" option if asked, otherwise you will lose multi-dpi feature.
* Never multiwindow-enable stock Contacts or Dialer app to avoid FC.
* When changing DPI, TW Launcher may FC so it is better to install alternative launcher. You can also easily reset TW Launcher with Floating MW Control app.

Features:
Same as XXLSZ version with:

Phablet UI starting at 230 dpi (for those with poor eyesight)
Skip Track
Lockscreen Torch
Crt-Off Effect (kernel dependent)
Only 3-Way (not 4-Way) Extended Restart Menu (sorry)
Long-press menu to kill apps
Screenshot on Power Menu
Enable/Disable Minimize Button
Ink Effect with app (thanks to mythrandyr)
Center Clock
Lock and Recents button on notification panel
Smooth scroll
Volume step increase
Media scanner fix
USB OTG wakelock fix
Multi-DPI TW Launcher (needs to reset when moving from one DPI to another)
Fixed floating window size of Gallery
Includes Note 8 Browser
Multi-DPI Flashbar
maybe some more...

OLD POST on LSZ version below: Read for reference and some important info:

It seems the tide of JB leaks and official updates has finally subsided. You must have tried every available ROM and every awesome MOD/THEMES out there. Well, Guys and Girls, after three weeks of lonesome use, I want to finally share my ALL NEW Floating MultiWindows MOD - more awesome than the previous versions and for the moment only available for the NOTE N7000. If you used and like my old floating multiwindows mod, I am sure you will love this one.

SO WHAT'S NEW?

a. Floating Multiwindows - ANY DPI even in phone mode
b. 4-Layout MultiWindows to Control Floating Windows
c. Movable, Resizable, Minimizable, Maximizable Floating Windows
d. Switch between Floating and Stock MultiWindows
e. Switch between DPIs with ease - from 320 phone to 240 to 213 phablet and anything in between
f. Specially modded Multi-DPI flashbar that works with MultiWindow Manager app (no need for unlimited multiwindow hack).
g. Choose which apps to enable/disable MultiWindow Support
h. Multi-Instance support for some apps - run the same app multiple times
i. Use ADDON APPS to make your Floating MultiWindow experience more awesome.

ADDON APPS:

1. MultiWindow Switcher (by me)
2. Simple UI Switcher (by me)
3. Swipepad - free app from the Play Store to act as a multiwindow launcher
4. MultiWindow Manager app - free app from the Play Store by my friend bjbinc from the Note10.1 forum : use this to enable/disable multiwindow apps. The Pro Key available from the Play Store allows you to create application and internet shortcuts on the homescreen to launch automatically in window mode and ability to launch apps multiple times.
5. LMT launcher - Thanks to noname81 for permission to include his awesome app for those who may not have heard or used it before. This app gives you PIE Control like Paranoid Android and more advanced features that makes Floating MultiWindow multitasking like a breeze.
6. Xposed Framework Installer - Thanks to rovo89 for permission to include and make freely available this awesome framework.
7. Xposed App Setting module - Thanks to tungstwenty for permission to include and make freely available this incredible app that allows you to set specific DPI/Layouts/Permissions/Fonts for apps the way you want (subject to app compatibility).
8. ADW Launcher - use this or other alternative launchers like APEX, NOVA, etc. as subtitute for TW Launcher if you constantly change DPI. TW Launcher does not like multiple DPI. But if you stick with one DPI then you can use TW Launcher.

* I am sure many of you knows of other great apps that work well with this mod. Please let me know and I will list them in the OP.

Enough of the Intros. Let's get down to the real thing.

REQUIREMENTS: Rooted Deodex XXLSZ ROM (not all XXLSZ ROMs maybe compatible).

WARNING: Make a Nandroid Backup and other backups that you can think of. S-H-I-T happens. It is better to be safe. This may make your phone unstable or the worst case, this may brick your phone. Use it at your own risk. This may also break other mods that you have already installed.

DOWNLOAD and flash thru CWM/TWRP recovery and reboot.

Please read whole OP post for tips and how tos in using this mod. Try to learn and use the ADDON apps mentioned above and included in the flashable zip. .

1. First run MultiWindow Manager app (grant root permission). The app will ask to PATCH the flashbarservice file but don't let it patch the file. Choose the NEVER option. This is because I have specially modded the Flashbarservice file to read the csc file like the NOTE 10.1 and also because the flashbarservice is modded to be multi-dpi. After that, choose which apps you want to enable multiwindow support and reboot. Only apps you enabled with Multiwindow Manager will launch in floating window. Make sure you enable Swipepad as Swipepad needs multiwindow support to lauch apps in window mode.

2. Launch and configure Swipepad. Please learn how to use it. There are Youtube videos available.

3. If you want PIE Control and easy navigation between apps and recent apps, use LMT launcher and please learn to use and configure it.

4. Use MultiWindow Switcher app to switch between Floating and Stock multiwindows.

5. Use Simple UI Switcher to go from one DPI to another. For example, from 320 dpi to 213 dpi.

6. Install Xposed Framework and App Settings Module. Please learn how to use these awesome apps because it makes using other DPIs with ability to retain the app layouts you want. (subject to app support) DOWNLOAD LINK and INFO HERE.

7. As I said, TW Launcher does not like change so use ADW Launcher or other multidpi launchers like NOVA, APEX, etc. as default and just create a custom shortcut for TW Launcher on the homescreen in case you want to use TW Launcher. Personally, I deleted TW Launcher for stability.

SPECIAL Thanks to nanomet for all the help and support. Also Thanks goes to this awesome community and to all those who have come before me like eybee, robbie, ianbbaa, dagr8, the revenge team for seeking to push the limits of what the NOTE1 can do and many others I may not have mentioned. THANKS all.

PARSA THEME from our good friend kmokhtar79.
Thanks.

CREDITS: BIG THANKS to robbie hood, bjbinc, mythrandyr, kmokhtar79 and a lot more others to whom some of those mods included here are derived. Please let me know by PM if I may have unintentionally not included your name in the credits. THANKS to xda community and all who are part of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-20-01-57-33.jpg
Views:	13924
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1577616   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-20-02-17-40.jpg
Views:	11683
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1577626   Click image for larger version

Name:	xperiacle_mod_1.jpg
Views:	36932
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1809665   Click image for larger version

Name:	xperiacle_mod_2.jpg
Views:	36162
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1809666   Click image for larger version

Name:	xperiacle_mod_3.jpg
Views:	35765
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1809667  

Click image for larger version

Name:	xperiacle_mod_4.jpg
Views:	35012
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1809669   Click image for larger version

Name:	xperiacle_mod_5.jpg
Views:	34807
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1809673   Click image for larger version

Name:	xperiacle_mod_6.jpg
Views:	34560
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1809674  
The Following 121 Users Say Thank You to xperiacle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xperiacle
Old
(Last edited by xperiacle; 17th March 2013 at 04:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4276
TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ:

1. Why is the dialer layout messed up or having problems with stock dialer?
- To fix stock dialer layout, don't enable multiwindow support for contacts or dialer as they are not meant to be in multiwindow mode. If you use the dialer in window mode, when making or receiving calls, dialer will FCs. If you want to multiwindow enabled dialer or contacts, use the tablet version dialer and contacts apps from NOTE 10.1.

2. Having trouble using MultiWindow Manager app?
- Make sure when launching the app for the first time, grant supersu permission. Never let it patch any file when the app asks you to. If you still having trouble launching it, uninstall it, then reinstall it again. You can extract the apk file from the flashable file and install it like any other app or you can go to the Play Store and download and install it. It is a free app unless you buy the Pro key which gives you more features.

3. In floating window mode, how do you launch apps if there is no multiwindow bar like in Note 10.1?
- As I said, this is just the first phase of several mods. In the meantime, you can use swipepad as a multiwindow launcher. Or if you buy the pro version of the Multiwindow Manager app, it will allow you to create shortcuts on the homescreen to launch apps automatically in window mode just like using a desktop PC.

4. What is LMT?
- LMT is a gesture controlled launcher that gives you PIE Control for navigation and launching your favourite apps. It is a very advanced app with many options and there are Youtube videos on how to configure and use it. You dont have to use it if you dont want to or can't be bothered to learn how to configure and use it but you are missing something in your floating multiwindow experience.

5. Where is my minimize button?
- If you installed the mod then install another mod on top of it, then there is a chance that you may have overwritten some files necessary for the whole floating multiwindow mod to work as intended. To restore, just flash the mod again.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to xperiacle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rraaka
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Now this is what i call full utilization of our resources !!

am gonna look for my back up of my last LSC .........

XanoZuke
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Any way to port to Galaxy Note 2? Please!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

xperiacle
Old
Thanks Meter 4276
I guess it is possible for the note2 given the proper patch for your frameworks but I am not sure because I can't test it as I don't have a note2 or know anybody who owns a note2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanoZuke View Post
Any way to port to Galaxy Note 2? Please!

The Following User Says Thank You to xperiacle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chipwizz
Old
Thanks Meter 1157
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiacle View Post
I guess it is possible for the note2 given the proper patch for your frameworks but I am not sure because I can't test it as I don't have a note2 or know anybody who owns a note2.
Since i am on CM10.1, not able to test but OP is loud and clear. It's a great contribution to SGN1 community.
Thank you.

hailmary
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Testing da flow.im on stock lsc by chronosmachine, think this will be great & will drool note2 owners in my office

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Sent from dr.frankenstein nuclear & biotech laboratory

long time ago:HTC TyTN II
retired/sold/dispatched:
*Motorola Defy MB525 (CM7/CM9)
*HTC DesireHD A9191 (ARHD)
*SGS2 i9100T (CM10-AOSP/AOKP)
*SGNote N7000 (AOSP Carbon)
*SGS4 i9505 stock unrooted bloated/AOSP
*SGTab2 3100 LaFleur Edition (CM10.1.2)
*HTC one SV LTE stock unrooted bloated - used as hotspot
*SG Tab3 SMT211 stock rooted bloated

Current
SONY xperia Z Ultra LTE stock BL unrooted bloated

XanoZuke
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiacle View Post
I have a Note 2 and I'd be willing to try. You'd just have to tell me step by step because I don't have so much developing skills.

mimoun103
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Thumbs up replay

im too have note 2 and i wait from xperial to get this future in my note 2

drakic2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same problem with notification panel like on old version, anyone have a solution??

The Following User Says Thank You to drakic2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]