It seems the tide of JB leaks and official updates has finally subsided. You must have tried every available ROM and every awesome MOD/THEMES out there. Well, Guys and Girls, after three weeks of lonesome use, I want to finally share my ALL NEW Floating MultiWindows MOD - more awesome than the previous versions and for the moment only available for the NOTE N7000. If you used and like my old floating multiwindows mod, I am sure you will love this one.
SO WHAT'S NEW?
a. Floating Multiwindows - ANY DPI even in phone mode
b. 4-Layout MultiWindows to Control Floating Windows
c. Movable, Resizable, Minimizable, Maximizable Floating Windows
d. Switch between Floating and Stock MultiWindows
e. Switch between DPIs with ease - from 320 phone to 240 to 213 phablet and anything in between
f. Specially modded Multi-DPI flashbar that works with MultiWindow Manager app (no need for unlimited multiwindow hack).
g. Choose which apps to enable/disable MultiWindow Support
h. Multi-Instance support for some apps - run the same app multiple times
i. Use ADDON APPS to make your Floating MultiWindow experience more awesome.
1. MultiWindow Switcher (by me)
2. Simple UI Switcher (by me)
3. Swipepad - free app from the Play Store to act as a multiwindow launcher
4. MultiWindow Manager app - free app from the Play Store by my friend bjbinc from the Note10.1 forum : use this to enable/disable multiwindow apps. The Pro Key available from the Play Store allows you to create application and internet shortcuts on the homescreen to launch automatically in window mode and ability to launch apps multiple times.
5. LMT launcher - Thanks to noname81 for permission to include his awesome app for those who may not have heard or used it before. This app gives you PIE Control like Paranoid Android and more advanced features that makes Floating MultiWindow multitasking like a breeze.
6. Xposed Framework Installer - Thanks to rovo89 for permission to include and make freely available this awesome framework.
7. Xposed App Setting module - Thanks to tungstwenty for permission to include and make freely available this incredible app that allows you to set specific DPI/Layouts/Permissions/Fonts for apps the way you want (subject to app compatibility).
8. ADW Launcher - use this or other alternative launchers like APEX, NOVA, etc. as subtitute for TW Launcher if you constantly change DPI. TW Launcher does not like multiple DPI. But if you stick with one DPI then you can use TW Launcher.
* I am sure many of you knows of other great apps that work well with this mod. Please let me know and I will list them in the OP.
Enough of the Intros. Let's get down to the real thing.
Rooted Deodex XXLSZ ROM (not all XXLSZ ROMs maybe compatible).
Make a Nandroid Backup and other backups that you can think of. S-H-I-T happens. It is better to be safe. This may make your phone unstable or the worst case, this may brick your phone. Use it at your own risk. This may also break other mods that you have already installed.
DOWNLOAD and flash thru CWM/TWRP recovery and reboot.
Please read whole OP post for tips and how tos in using this mod. Try to learn and use the ADDON apps mentioned above and included in the flashable zip.
1. First run MultiWindow Manager app (grant root permission). The app will ask to PATCH
the flashbarservice file but don't let it patch the file
. Choose the NEVER
option. This is because I have specially modded the Flashbarservice file to read the csc file like the NOTE 10.1 and also because the flashbarservice is modded to be multi-dpi. After that, choose which apps you want to enable multiwindow support and reboot. Only apps you enabled with Multiwindow Manager will launch in floating window. Make sure you enable Swipepad as Swipepad needs multiwindow support to lauch apps in window mode.
2. Launch and configure Swipepad. Please learn how to use it. There are Youtube videos available.
3. If you want PIE Control and easy navigation between apps and recent apps, use LMT launcher and please learn to use and configure it.
4. Use MultiWindow Switcher app to switch between Floating and Stock multiwindows.
5. Use Simple UI Switcher to go from one DPI to another. For example, from 320 dpi to 213 dpi.
6. Install Xposed Framework and App Settings Module. Please learn how to use these awesome apps because it makes using other DPIs with ability to retain the app layouts you want. (subject to app support) DOWNLOAD LINK and INFO HERE.
7. As I said, TW Launcher does not like change so use ADW Launcher or other multidpi launchers like NOVA, APEX, etc. as default and just create a custom shortcut for TW Launcher on the homescreen in case you want to use TW Launcher. Personally, I deleted TW Launcher for stability.
SPECIAL Thanks to nanomet for all the help and support. Also Thanks goes to this awesome community and to all those who have come before me like eybee, robbie, ianbbaa, dagr8, the revenge team for seeking to push the limits of what the NOTE1 can do and many others I may not have mentioned. THANKS all.
PARSA THEME from our good friend kmokhtar79.