Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Discribe LGE products' quality
LG quality is better than major brands 22 23.66%
LG quality is on par with major brands 66 70.97%
LG quality is worse than major brands 5 5.38%
LG quality is worse than cheap Chineese brands 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LG quality

Tip us?

Billy Madison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Arrow LG quality

So, I'd like to continue that discussion and try to get a more distinctive clear picture based on thousands of xda members' opinions.
Based on your brands products' quality experience please vote in the poll and tell us your opinions
You know the major brands... Apple, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia

wargreymon89
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
So, I'd like to continue that discussion and try to get a more distinctive clear picture based on thousands of xda members' opinions.
Based on your brands products' quality experience please vote in the poll and tell us your opinions
You know the major brands... Apple, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Nokia
Based on optimus g, I see much less hardware and stock software related problems on the OG compared to S4 for example. Now, the base of users isn't same amount, but if you compare threads you can get a hint of problem/user.

M2Iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I had the GN2 but switched because of the radios. In my area many reception wad just horrible with the GN2. I got the LG OG and the reception is great.i like the quality of the build too, never felt that i could break it of dropped. I loved the GN2 but the reception got so bad that i had it and that's why i can't wait for the G2. No issues with the OG and i hope things continue with the G2

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Billy Madison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
No more opinions?

jayochs
Old
Thanks Meter 2720
I'll give you some opinions this afternoon when I pick up my g2. I've always had htc and samsung.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4 (white)
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

HTC One M8 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
HTC Droid DNA
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (sold)
Nexus 7 2012 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound (sold)
HTC Evo View 4G

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
No more opinions?
I've had this phone since yesterday and the quality is excellent. It just feels so damn good in the hand and much better than my S4. It has a great shape and just enough heft to feel solid.

Everything is constructed well and seamless, I see no gaps or anything like that. I think you will be impressed.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda premium

Billy Madison
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Bump

mynameisthehulk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just got mine today, not had an awful lot of time to play with it yet but first impressions are that it reminds me of the SGSII. Current phone is a HTC One and for me a lot of nonsense is talked about its build quality, yes it is shiny but you have to keep it in a heavy duty case to stop that aluminium getting scratched so you never really get to show off the prettiness! Looking forward to getting the rest of my kit for the G2 so I can use it day to day, might not have the same good looks but far more practical and with a lot more under the hood.

thebehemoth73
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The only gripe I had about this phone is without a case its pretty tricky to me to text with one hand..its so slick it has slipped out of my hands several time..luckily I have been sitting on the couch or at my desk when it happened and not up and walking around. The screen has been pretty durable for me, I want to see if it will compare to my OG atrix and ss2...the screens on those phones were TANKS.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

petwussy
Old
(Last edited by petwussy; 8th February 2014 at 10:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
I have had the g2 for a few days now. Coming from HTC One X, which was having problems with random bootloops and bad battery.

The g2 feels fantastic, with amazing batterylife, insane screen and a real feel of quality. The software seems great, but I am a bit disappointed that kitkat isn't available until late Mach.
My gf has samsung s4 and that feels like cheap plastic compared.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Tags
apple, lge, nexus, quality, samsung