No registration required

Lg g2 battery case/mod idea

OP elite001mm

28th April 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
So today I was looking through the forums and came upon a post about taking about someone taking the "non-removable" back cover off and giving it a matte finish with some steel wool, I tried taking the back off and was surprised at how easy it is. It's almost like it's supposed to come off.

Anyways, now to my idea. I have a vs980 (Verizon) and I noticed the charging pins for wireless charging. I, for one, don't own a wireless charger and most people don't. So I thought maybe we could make use of these pins by taking the back cover off, putting the g2 (with the back cover off) in some sort of soft flip case with a battery somewhere in the case, and just route the battery to the charging pins. I have a Droid razr xt912 battery laying around and I could make some sort of case to put it in, so would this work? Or would i short something and kill my phone?

Part "B" of my idea is for people without the Verizon version (because Verizon has wireless charging). Could you tie together the (+) and (-) of the internal battery and my external battery and then basically have a huge battery? I want the phone to see one big battery. I don't want it to think it's charging (like it would if you used the pins) , I just want it to run off of both batteries. At the same time. Leave the wiring/routing to me, but other than that, is this possible? I know you can do this with car batteries so I thought why not.

Would it be like just having a bigger battery? Something makes me feel like it's more complicated or people would've done this already. I'm not as experienced with batteries, mah ratings, etc.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread