Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

1Gb/8Gb 2100Mhz

Tip us?

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default 1Gb/8Gb 2100Mhz

I have the above watch. I ordered the pre-rooted dev edition, but guess what? Omate sent me the standard edition (as well as leaving out my accessories)

Is there a way to root this version? Or any ROMs?

Any advice or info for this edition would be appreciated

Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
Samsung Google Nexus 10 (manta) + Hue 2.5 theme | kernel: Franco | ROM: PARANOIDANDROID 3.1 RC
JUSTOP Android 4.0 TV Box HD Network Media Player | kernel: 3.0.8 | ROM: Apollo

cosurgi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripledrop View Post
I have the above watch. I ordered the pre-rooted dev edition, but guess what? Omate sent me the standard edition (as well as leaving out my accessories)

I also bought 8GB/1GB, 2100 version and I have no idea if I received what I paid for. I don't know how to check amount of free memory. I see in "storage" that I have 4.9GB free. So maybe it is an 8GB version but 3.1GB is used by firmware? It is strange btw, because I have just flashed it with new firmware and on my PC it had size only 300MB.

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosurgi View Post
I also bought 8GB/1GB, 2100 version and I have no idea if I received what I paid for. I don't know how to check amount of free memory. I see in "storage" that I have 4.9GB free. So maybe it is an 8GB version but 3.1GB is used by firmware? It is strange btw, because I have just flashed it with new firmware and on my PC it had size only 300MB.
Well I think the other option is 4Gb, so if it's higher it seems likely it's the 8Gb edition? I had the same thoughts lol

Samsung Google Nexus 10 (manta) + Hue 2.5 theme | kernel: Franco | ROM: PARANOIDANDROID 3.1 RC

azizbouharb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripledrop View Post

What is the ROM version on your watch?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
There is no prerooted Omate.

Only 4.9GB free space. Nothing new. Take a look at a 16GB Samsung, you get about 9GB free.

Root. Not yet, I've only had a copy of the 2100 firmware for about 24hrs and no 1/8 2100 to test on. This is requiring I go through the firmware line by line to root and patch it.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

thermalboyz
Old
Thanks Meter 298
EU 2100 1/8GB here too, storage (Phone 1.27GB, Total Space 4.91GB) so i think this is 8GB version but curious that system and OS took nearly 4GB spaces.

Developer Edition - Omate_TrueSmart_20140328.182336_V2.0
Root checker checked the watch is UNROOTED

Need to wait for Loki security patch for EU 2100 version.
Please hit "Thanks" Button if you feel I worth to be Thanked.

Sent from my Pigeon

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
From their kickstarter page (and my confirmation page):

Omate TrueSmart DEVELOPERS Edition | Same package as Standard Edition + SDK, Developers Forum, Developers Support, ships Rooted //

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
You mean the page that also says;

1.3Ghz Dual core (no 1/8 is 1.3GHz)
IP67 water resistance (was never even tested correctly)
Sapphire Crystal Glass (nope just a spray on coating if even that)
Companion support for iOS (BT doesn't even work right yet much less companion mode)
Play Store (not according to Google)
20+ Premium Clockfaces (only if somebody else does it for them)
and the list goes on.....

Ignore what the KS page says and trust the guys that exposed almost every one of the failures on Omate's part and have been working to fix what they can for everybody else.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Lol they're an amazing company! I emailed them today, we'll see what their response is...

azizbouharb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post

Only 4.9GB free space. Nothing new. Take a look at a 16GB Samsung, you get about 9GB free.

Root. Not yet, I've only had a copy of the 2100 firmware for about 24hrs and no 1/8 2100 to test on. This is requiring I go through the firmware line by line to root and patch it.
Can you please upload the ROM my 2100 1g/8g had a chinese ROM, i flashed every available rom and still my sensors are not working , it seems the lates version has everything working fine, i would be very gratefull if you could upload it so i can use it, thanks