HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Rooting Issues

27th April 2014, 11:29 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I have a Verizon SCH-I535.10, Android 4.3, ML1 phone that I attempted to root with Saferoot. My root checker said everything worked properly, but I cannot access my root/data folder or fully delete bloatware that came with my phone (with multiple applications, like ES File Explorer or File Expert). I used saferoot, because according to multiple posts, this build of phone and 4.3 make it hard to root. Can anyone explain to me what's going on/what I can do? Thanks.
29th April 2014, 05:17 PM |#2  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 987
 
5,280 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by essenceofveles

I have a Verizon SCH-I535.10, Android 4.3, ML1 phone that I attempted to root with Saferoot. My root checker said everything worked properly, but I cannot access my root/data folder or fully delete bloatware that came with my phone (with multiple applications, like ES File Explorer or File Expert). I used saferoot, because according to multiple posts, this build of phone and 4.3 make it hard to root. Can anyone explain to me what's going on/what I can do? Thanks.

Try this forum. It's for the ML1 update

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2014, 07:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Try this forum. It's for the ML1 update

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575661

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't really solve my problem or answer my question. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
2nd May 2014, 07:29 PM |#4  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 987
 
5,280 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by essenceofveles

Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't really solve my problem or answer my question. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Sounds to me like you took the OTA on the 4.3 locked bootloader hence why I suggested that forum. I'm not on the locked 4.3 myself so I am unaware of how it works
2nd May 2014, 07:40 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Sounds to me like you took the OTA on the 4.3 locked bootloader hence why I suggested that forum. I'm not on the locked 4.3 myself so I am unaware of how it works

Oh. I guess I'll have to do more search on how to root this phone then. Thanks.
2nd May 2014, 09:08 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Jackson
Thanks Meter: 94
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by essenceofveles

Oh. I guess I'll have to do more search on how to root this phone then. Thanks.

do you see the super user apk?
did a pop up show promting for root on any programs ( titanium, goo manager, rom manager...)?
did you update the super user binarys ( i think that is what it is called update to the latest su)
try another su app from the market?

good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes