Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Xperia v boot problem

OP vibogd

28th April 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #1  
vibogd's Avatar
OP Junior Member
dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Hi, i have xperia V (protoype). It was working fine, until i decide to put new Android (i was 4.0.4 on it). I don't have much of experience in flashing, but i did success already with my two other phones (ARC and P ), so i thought this time will be easy as usually. but...
phone was dead as stone..i spend more than week to trying all methods what i was able to find. now it's a big mess in my head and my PC, but now i made phone to start in recovery menu. thats all. tried install different roms, cyanomodgens-nothing... it just shows me SONY-->cyanomodgen and freez. at the moment flashtool can't see my phone.
if anyone can help me what to do( step by step), how to make this phone working again -i will be very happy person.
sorry for english.
28th April 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
Aria.A97's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibogd

Hi, i have xperia V (protoype). It was working fine, until i decide to put new Android (i was 4.0.4 on it). I don't have much of experience in flashing, but i did success already with my two other phones (ARC and P ), so i thought this time will be easy as usually. but...
phone was dead as stone..i spend more than week to trying all methods what i was able to find. now it's a big mess in my head and my PC, but now i made phone to start in recovery menu. thats all. tried install different roms, cyanomodgens-nothing... it just shows me SONY-->cyanomodgen and freez. at the moment flashtool can't see my phone.
if anyone can help me what to do( step by step), how to make this phone working again -i will be very happy person.
sorry for english.

Try a clean install :

Wipe Data + Cache + System + Dalvik
28th April 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
isko95's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lombardy
Thanks Meter: 244
 
1,150 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibogd

Hi, i have xperia V (protoype). It was working fine, until i decide to put new Android (i was 4.0.4 on it). I don't have much of experience in flashing, but i did success already with my two other phones (ARC and P ), so i thought this time will be easy as usually. but...
phone was dead as stone..i spend more than week to trying all methods what i was able to find. now it's a big mess in my head and my PC, but now i made phone to start in recovery menu. thats all. tried install different roms, cyanomodgens-nothing... it just shows me SONY-->cyanomodgen and freez. at the moment flashtool can't see my phone.
if anyone can help me what to do( step by step), how to make this phone working again -i will be very happy person.
sorry for english.

how did you install recovery?
29th April 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #4  
vibogd's Avatar
OP Junior Member
dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria.A97

Try a clean install :

Wipe Data + Cache + System + Dalvik

did it 1000000000 times-and nothing... completely lost.
29th April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #5  
isko95's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lombardy
Thanks Meter: 244
 
1,150 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibogd

did it 1000000000 times-and nothing... completely lost.

can you tell me how you installed recovery?
29th April 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #6  
vibogd's Avatar
OP Junior Member
dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isko95

can you tell me how you installed recovery?

just make it clear.. is it menu when need to press volume button when "sony" appears on the screen?
i can't tell you exactly how i did it- i did it with flashboot (boot.img or something), don't remember. didn't touch the phone for week, because i don't know what and how to do. as i said, i need step-by-step advice from beginning. if anyone will help me-i will be sooo happy
29th April 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #7  
dyfk3l's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bavaria (near Germany)
Thanks Meter: 56
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
1. Is your bootloader unlocked - and did you test if your BL is/was unlockable?

If BL is unlocked correctly:

2. Try to flash another kernel in recovery,such as http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223534
Then try to install a CM-ROM for example.
29th April 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #8  
vibogd's Avatar
OP Junior Member
dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfk3l

1. Is your bootloader unlocked - and did you test if your BL is/was unlockable?

If BL is unlocked correctly:

2. Try to flash another kernel in recovery,such as http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223534
Then try to install a CM-ROM for example.

1. i did kernel install
2. CM install shows me some errors. can you drop me link for rom, please?
p.s. tried another CM-and again: "sony"->"cyanogenmod"->blank screen (phone is on)
Last edited by vibogd; 29th April 2014 at 01:05 PM.
29th April 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #9  
dyfk3l's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bavaria (near Germany)
Thanks Meter: 56
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
We cannot help you unless you answer our questions correctly.

BL unlocked correctly?

Already tried another kernel?
29th April 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #10  
vibogd's Avatar
OP Junior Member
dublin
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfk3l

We cannot help you unless you answer our questions correctly.

BL unlocked correctly?

Already tried another kernel?

well, i did unlock ( i was thinking i did it-got code, entered it). and now i got message on flashtool
- Reading device information
29/018/2014 19:18:27 - INFO - Unable to read from phone after having opened it.
29/018/2014 19:18:27 - INFO - trying to continue anyway
29/018/2014 19:18:32 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
29/018/2014 19:18:32 - INFO - Checking header
29/018/2014 19:18:32 - ERROR - Error in processHeader : 6 : The handle is invalid.
29/018/2014 19:18:32 - INFO - Your phone bootloader cannot be officially unlocked

when i do that "fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xxxxxx" it says "phone is already unlocked! "

yes, i tried different kernels.

there are so many files with *.img, sin, elf, ftf -i don't have clue what has to be done.

when phone was OK i checke in service (?) menu and it was "bootloader unlock allowed-yes"

i'm trying to answer as much as i can.
Last edited by vibogd; 29th April 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes