So I am the developer of a little known Tapatalk alternative forum reader called Forum Fiend. The app has come a long way since I released it last fall. The reason for my post is that I have noticed XDA is the #3 site accessed through Forum Fiend, so there might be a couple of users around here. Was wondering if people could share their issues with the app or provide feedback on how to make it better. My goal is to provide a fully functional and superior forum browsing experience vs Tapatalk.
Thanks in advance for your input!
Sent from my SM-P600 using Forum Fiend v1.2.5.
Update 20140609 - v1.2.8
- New Theme Options - Forum theme options have been greatly expanded. You can now alter the accent color, background color, text color, forum element color/visibility, forum wallpaper, and turn on/off forum icons/avatars.
- App can now be installed/moved to SD card
- Kit Kat(+) devices now tint the status and nav bars with forum theme color
- Added Favorites list (bookmarks) for forums.
- Added more functionality to forums viewed in the Web View (non-tapatalk forums)
- Various bug fixes
Update 20140507 - v1.2.7
- Non-Tapatalk forums can now be added to the app. If you enter a URL that does not work with Tapa, the app will ask if you want to use the forum in a WebView instead.
- Added a post preview option to the new posts screen. Also added a select all, and a clear all feature. Find them by pressing the menu button on the new post screen.
- Various other bug fixes and layout updates
Update 20140430 - v1.2.6
- You can now add a direct link on the homescreen to any of your forums. It will behave just like having a stand alone forum app, completely bypassing the forum listing screen. This required the Install Shortcut permission.
- Forum elements now have sort of a shaded box theme to them. I think it looks a little nicer, but if people don't like it I can revert back to the old look, or make it optional.
- Got rid of the cartoon looking default avatar icon.
- Improvements to post link, quote, and other BB code handling.
- Forum topics listing now has an infinite scroll (at least until there are no topics left), kind of like the news feeds in Facebook and Twitter apps
- The left slideout menu has been rearranged and now contains navigation links such as forum index, subscriptions, unread topics, etc
- Added a quick popup tip on how to log in when you enter a forum as a guest
- Changed the language on the forum listing screen input box to make it more apparent that a URL is the required input
- Forum settings have been moved out of the sliding menu and on to their own screen.