Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Advice about what version of CM10/11 to install

Tip us?

iHydro
Old
(Last edited by iHydro; 23rd April 2014 at 08:31 PM.) Reason: Edited title for clarity
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Advice about what version of CM10/11 to install

Hi XDA'ers,

I've just received my shiny new S4 mini and I've subjected myself to an hour of the new touchwiz. Lets say I'm ready to move back to Cyanogenmod. What I'm after from you guys is advice about which version of CM I should install for maximum compatibility. I've noticed that there is a bug list for KK which doesn't seem to be changing much. Is CM10.x better as a daily driver as I tend to use most, if not all functions whilst I'm out and about.

Looking forward to any helpful replies

kieranswhite
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHydro View Post
Hi XDA'ers,

I've just received my shiny new S4 mini and I've subjected myself to an hour of the new touchwiz. Lets say I'm ready to move back to Cyanogenmod. What I'm after from you guys is advice about which version of CM I should install for maximum compatibility. I've noticed that there is a bug list for KK which doesn't seem to be changing much. Is CM10.x better as a daily driver as I tend to use most, if not all functions whilst I'm out and about.

Looking forward to any helpful replies
I've used cm11 and KK roms since they were released, i personally find them really stable and good for a daily driver. different strokes for different folks though
The Following User Says Thank You to kieranswhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iHydro
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswhite View Post
I've used cm11 and KK roms since they were released, i personally find them really stable and good for a daily driver. different strokes for different folks though
Cheers dude, I installed the KK serranto last night and so far so good. Apart from camerra zoom and a little glitch with the headset (from everything I've managed to test so far) which was resolved by unplugging and replugging to solve, its been a good experrience so far.

Whosat
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Same here! CM11 as my daily driver. Camera zoom is generally a bad idea though because phones like this do not have a mechanical zoom so any zooming you do is actually just cropping that part of the image and then enlarging to fit your screen's viewport. Similar to taking the picture then zooming in.

Not something which can be fixed by any software updates essentially

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 //
Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE/GT-I9195): Rooting FAQ | CM11 | CM10.2 | Link2SD
Latest GApps

topwerkopers
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Same here! CM11 as my daily driver. Camera zoom is generally a bad idea though because phones like this do not have a mechanical zoom so any zooming you do is actually just cropping that part of the image and then enlarging to fit your screen's viewport. Similar to taking the picture then zooming in.

Not something which can be fixed by any software updates essentially

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi, I tried to use cm11. Everything was perfect, except extremely battery drain. I think my I9190 does not enter deep sleep mode. How can I fix that?

TNCS
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by topwerkopers View Post
Hi, I tried to use cm11. Everything was perfect, except extremely battery drain. I think my I9190 does not enter deep sleep mode. How can I fix that?
Use a custom kernel and BatterBatteryState to check what keeps the phone awake.