How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Anyone else really concerned about all the top employees leaving HTC?

OP karmapuhlease

28th April 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put in links here (haven't posted in a while), but top HTC employees like Ford Davidson, Scott Croyle, and others (as well as a few last year, like HTC Asia CEO Lennard Hoonik and Chief Product Officer Kouji Kodera) have been leaving HTC recently. Every time I see one of these stories, I get a little more worried. Typically, when a lot of top executives and employees are leaving a company at the same time, it's a cause for concern. Though they might say they're leaving for personal reasons, it's often because they see a bad future for the company.

Is this a legitimate reason to be concerned at this point? I really like the HTC One M8 and I was about to order one today when I saw the article about Davidson (the third about a departing HTC employee in recent days) and I got cold feet. My main concern is that if the company is really going downhill, they might not be able to continue to support the phone for the next two years (or, at least, that support might be inadequate and slow). Is this a serious issue, or am I overreacting and extrapolating too much from a couple of guys possibly wanting a break after releasing a major flagship product?
28th April 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag In The Ether
Thanks Meter: 40

183 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapuhlease

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put in links here (haven't posted in a while), but top HTC employees like Ford Davidson, Scott Croyle, and others (as well as a few last year, like HTC Asia CEO Lennard Hoonik and Chief Product Officer Kouji Kodera) have been leaving HTC recently. Every time I see one of these stories, I get a little more worried. Typically, when a lot of top executives and employees are leaving a company at the same time, it's a cause for concern. Though they might say they're leaving for personal reasons, it's often because they see a bad future for the company.

Is this a legitimate reason to be concerned at this point? I really like the HTC One M8 and I was about to order one today when I saw the article about Davidson (the third about a departing HTC employee in recent days) and I got cold feet. My main concern is that if the company is really going downhill, they might not be able to continue to support the phone for the next two years (or, at least, that support might be inadequate and slow). Is this a serious issue, or am I overreacting and extrapolating too much from a couple of guys possibly wanting a break after releasing a major flagship product?

Considering HTC is putting out amazing products I wouldn't worry about the drama and speculation behind people's leaving.
28th April 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
More
It's definitely concerning, but the M8 has been heralded as one of the best phones ever. I definitely agree, and they hold a high customer reputation (at least for me) because of their transparency with the software. Whenever I'm in the phone market, I'll always be looking at HTC first. In two years, we'll see how that's changed.

I think their innovation in the past speaks for itself; they pull in smart people. They may not have people beating down their door for an internship like Google, but they are a strongly branded hardware company. They'll have to really screw up to ruin that image.
28th April 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

384 posts
I am also Considering HTC is putting out amazing products I wouldn't worry about the drama and speculation behind people's leaving.
28th April 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #5  
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 169

530 posts
More
Who says they weren't pushed?
28th April 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 34

96 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu

Who says they weren't pushed?

This is what I'm thinking. Sounds like HTC might be doing some spring cleaning. Either way this device is such a beast that it'll be supported one way or another for 2 years

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 194

1,178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRipped

This is what I'm thinking. Sounds like HTC might be doing some spring cleaning. Either way this device is such a beast that it'll be supported one way or another for 2 years

Well ...after that scandal a few months back ....im not surprised ppl are leaving and being let go and fired ..selling secrets to other company's isn't good lol.
28th April 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #8  
Flag Soest
Thanks Meter: 87

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetRipped

There are so many reasons for leaving empoyees. Maybe they have got a really good offer from competitors who whish to raise their level to HTCs quality.

I am shure that the actual One M8 is a product which was developed many months ago, so their leaving does not influence my product at all. Finges crossed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread