Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Zooper widget - Shortcut Direct Call

Tip us?

sslay
Old
(Last edited by sslay; 28th April 2014 at 07:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Zooper widget - Shortcut Direct Call

Direct call shortcut does not work added to the picture. Other shortcuts are working without problem.
Ideas, advice? Excuse my English.
thank you.
Galaxy S3.

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1990

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sslay View Post
Direct call shortcut does not work added to the picture. Other shortcuts are working without problem.
Ideas, advice? Excuse my English.
thank you.
Galaxy S3.
I can confirm this on my Nexus 4. I'm not 100% sure but my theory is, that because Zooper doesn't have the "CALL_PHONE" permission it is not allowed to initiate a call without going through the dialer (Source). I have no experience in this but since even launcher have that permission, it might be needed for an app to use the direct call shortcuts. You should probably write an email to the developers and explain your issue.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.

ma11en
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default Emailed Zooper Dev

I've got a rooted Galaxy Note 3, is it possible to edit any file to provide this permission until the dev sorts it for us?

In the meantime, I've created a flow in Automagic, that I launch from the Zooper widget to provide a direct call option.

Mark.

sslay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re

Somehow I do not understand. Could you provide the download?

ma11en
Old
Thanks Meter 49
You need an app called Automagic https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droidautomagic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

WookieBump
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Another option is to just change the icon to something you want. Upload your out image or use some icon that you like. I use Nova as my launcher on my Galaxy S3 Progre, created a direct call widget, and then changed the image to what I wanted it to be. Just a work around if you're interested.