Clear case (Poetic Atmosphere) review

OP WatermelonMan

24th April 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
I'm taking a look here at the Poetic Atmosphere case for the Galaxy S5. You can find this case on Amazon or at Poetic's website.

The button feedback is quite good; you can feel the click on each press, unlike on some other cases though the volume buttons feels better than the slightly tighter power button. The cut-out on the bottom has ample space for opening the port cover, as you can see on the picture with the charging cable attached. On the 4th picture, you'll see there is a pronounced lip on this case, for that lay-on-table buffer for your screen. As for the fit, the tight bumper edges makes it a very snug fit via a quick snap on. Taking it off, on the other hand, can be more of a pry, requiring you to pry off the case with care.

I can't say too much about the actual drop protection because I haven't dropped my phone yet, but the tight fit should ensure that the case won't be coming off the phone in case of impact. The polycarbonate on the case feels adequately solid, not brittle. It is a slim case after all, so it's more geared towards preventing scratches than buffering against drops per se.

But the most important part of this case is its looks. There is a opaqueness to the clear back, a frostedness that goes quite well with the white back shell on the S5, resulting in a milky look. The thin gray rubber lines on the back provides good contrast. The Poetic branding on the back is a bit too big, but I like the nice drop shadow effect it makes. I'm overall very happy with the way this case looks with the white Galaxy S5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	2706727   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	2706728   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	2706729   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	2706730   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	2706741   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	2706742  
The Following User Says Thank You to WatermelonMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonMan

I'm taking a look here at the Poetic Atmosphere case for the Galaxy S5. You can find this case on Amazon or at Poetic's website.

The button feedback is quite good; you can feel the click on each press, unlike on some other cases though the volume buttons feels better than the slightly tighter power button. The cut-out on the bottom has ample space for opening the port cover, as you can see on the picture with the charging cable attached. On the 4th picture, you'll see there is a pronounced lip on this case, for that lay-on-table buffer for your screen. As for the fit, the tight bumper edges makes it a very snug fit via a quick snap on. Taking it off, on the other hand, can be more of a pry, requiring you to pry off the case with care.

I can't say too much about the actual drop protection because I haven't dropped my phone yet, but the tight fit should ensure that the case won't be coming off the phone in case of impact. The polycarbonate on the case feels adequately solid, not brittle. It is a slim case after all, so it's more geared towards preventing scratches than buffering against drops per se.

But the most important part of this case is its looks. There is a opaqueness to the clear back, a frostedness that goes quite well with the white back shell on the S5, resulting in a milky look. The thin gray rubber lines on the back provides good contrast. The Poetic branding on the back is a bit too big, but I like the nice drop shadow effect it makes. I'm overall very happy with the way this case looks with the white Galaxy S5.

Can you say more about if this adds bulk toi the S5? I'm looking at this case right now and donot see many reviiews, thanks for the pics.
29th April 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonFangs

Can you say more about if this adds bulk toi the S5? I'm looking at this case right now and donot see many reviiews, thanks for the pics.

Every case adds bulk...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread