Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MMS weird problem

Tip us?
 
bosert
Old
(Last edited by bosert; 22nd April 2014 at 03:33 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jun 2011
Question MMS weird problem

I have a problem as I can't send or receive MMS anymore. Yes, I used to be able to but as I don't use MMS very often I don't know when this problem started precisely.

So this is how it manifests : it's only for MMS because SMS are fine.

The APN configuration is fine, I even checked with my phone operator. They also sent me a brand new Sim card but it didn't change a thing.

I can surf on internet and use all the 3G applications without problem ; I go to the playstore, use the browser, etc...When I do that, the "3G" logo at the top right of my screen is on, which is also normal.

Which is not normal is that when I prepare a MMS, as soon as I want to send it (I press the send button) to a contact, the 3G icon keeps appearing and disappearing, on and off for a minute approximately, as it was trying to connect but couldn't do it. The MMS never leaves the HTC.

To check if it was a rom problem I went from Omega 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 no fix, and I don't think it's a rom problem otherwise people would have reported it.

If you have any idea guys, I would really appreciate. I spent a lot of hours to fix that but didn't find a solution
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#2  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 348
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosert View Post
I have a problem as I can't send or receive MMS anymore. Yes, I used to be able to but as I don't use MMS very often I don't know when this problem started precisely.

So this is how it manifests : it's only for MMS because SMS are fine.

The APN configuration is fine, I even checked with my phone operator. They also sent me a brand new Sim card but it didn't change a thing.

I can surf on internet and use all the 3G applications without problem ; I go to the playstore, use the browser, etc...When I do that, the "3G" logo at the top right of my screen is on, which is also normal.

Which is not normal is that when I prepare a MMS, as soon as I want to send it (I press the send button) to a contact, the 3G icon keeps appearing and disappearing, on and off for a minute approximately, as it was trying to connect but couldn't do it. The MMS never leaves the HTC.

To check if it was a rom problem I went from Omega 2.4.0 to 2.5.0 no fix, and I don't think it's a rom problem otherwise people would have reported it.

If you have any idea guys, I would really appreciate. I spent a lot of hours to fix that but didn't find a solution
Hi Bosert,
did it start when you moved from ICS to a new version of android?
Samsung i9300
 
bosert
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 49
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgi5sr2 View Post
Hi Bosert,
did it start when you moved from ICS to a new version of android?
Hi cgi5sr2,

that may be the case yes but I am not totally sure though as I can't really say when it started as I don't send mms very often.
 
mcgi5sr2
Old
#4  
mcgi5sr2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 278
Posts: 348
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sheffield
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosert View Post
Hi mcgi5sr2,

that may be the case yes but I am not totally sure though as I can't really say when it started as I don't send mms very often.
Ok in which case I had the same problem when I left ICS I'm on O2 in the UK and I had to change one of my APN settings to * from something else to get it to work
Samsung i9300
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes