No registration required

Charging and audio (Y) cable in one? [Hermes]

OP sh500

8th August 2006, 01:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

867 posts
Hi all,

I've not got my Hermes variant yet, but would like to ask if anyone plans on using this device in the car for example; with the need to charge AND have audio out going to the car speakers.

Since there is only one connector for both charging and audio, is there some sort of 'Y' cable that 'separates' the two connections?

Thanks.
11th August 2006, 12:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 0

400 posts
More
Brodit has an adapter with just charging feature:
http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.jsp?anr=971690

I have just written an email to them if they could put an audio out cable as well. I will update if I get any information.
11th August 2006, 12:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

867 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esackbauer

Brodit has an adapter with just charging feature:
http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.jsp?anr=971690

I have just written an email to them if they could put an audio out cable as well. I will update if I get any information.

Yes, I remember seeing that one...

I would have thought more people may have wanted such an adapter- but obviously not. This is something I would use in my car all the time.
11th August 2006, 01:12 PM   |  #4  
UK
Thanks Meter: 1

166 posts
Hi Guys,

Have you considered the 'parrot' car phone kit options? They come in a variety of options, basically each is a Bluetooth car kit, that bonds with your device,transfers the contacts, mutes your cars radio, and pumps telephone calls through the car speakers also, it is in every way a fully working car kit for the Xda range.

I am biased as I retail and install them, but every customer i do installs for, they absoultey love them, as they also bond with upto 5 devices so other phones can be used as well, ie a works phone,

http://www.parrot.biz/united_kingdom...hp?id=advanced

Drop me a line if you need any help ok,

Thanks

Bryson
11th August 2006, 01:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 2

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson

Hi Guys,
To view and buy all Xda Brodit cradles and proclips, visit my site www.dsldevelopments.com

You should really fix your site to work with Firefox. It gives the error
Code:
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Library
The plug-in performed an illegal operation. You are strongly advised to restart Firefox
with Firefox 1.5.0.6 with Noscript 1.1.4.1

Well I think it may be your fault because I've never seen the error before and it is reproduceable.
11th August 2006, 01:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

867 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson

Hi Guys,

Have you considered the 'parrot' car phone kit options? They come in a variety of options, basically each is a Bluetooth car kit, that bonds with your device,transfers the contacts, mutes your cars radio, and pumps telephone calls through the car speakers also, it is in every way a fully working car kit for the Xda range.

I am biased as I retail and install them, but every customer i do installs for, they absoultey love them, as they also bond with upto 5 devices so other phones can be used as well, ie a works phone,

http://www.parrot.biz/united_kingdom...hp?id=advanced

Drop me a line if you need any help ok,

Thanks

Bryson

Would these parrot kits route the [musical] audio from my device to the car speakers then? I dont really need a BT carkit since I always have my personal BT handsfree on. My main requirements are those as listed in my original post.
11th August 2006, 01:54 PM   |  #7  
UK

166 posts
Thanks Ill pass on the notes to the web guy, i use firefox and IE and works fine, is it the How it Works video?

No, it wont route music through your car, not that I have found yet,
11th August 2006, 07:46 PM   |  #8  

67 posts
You'd need it to support A2DP to play music too. As far as I know there's no headphone support only headset. At least it's only headset on mine.
14th August 2006, 02:39 PM   |  #9  

19 posts
More
The Parrot kits and the TyTn
To Bryson:

I have a CK 3000 that has worked fine with all of my phones. However, according to a different thread there seems unfortunately to be a problem with the Tytn and some (all?) of the Parrot kits.
14th August 2006, 10:43 PM   |  #10  
UK

166 posts
Hi,

Ive yet to test parrot gear with a tytn / hermes etc - nhave you been over to the parrot forums to see if anyone has posted regarding this issue there?

Sorry i cant be of more help,

Bryson!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread