Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Need Generic Nandroid Backup, Or other solution?

OP MixedBoy8thStreet

13th May 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #1  
MixedBoy8thStreet's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag lakeville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
could someone post a file of their nandroid backup of the stock rom? flashable thru twrp please.

I tried flashing the OTA on a stock rooted rom with twrp installed and my phone didn't like that. (rookie mistake) now any restore, rom flash, wipe, ect . will not work and my phone boots straight into TWRP every time. So if you could give me your nandroid backup w/o any data, or if you have a better solution please give me that. thanks!
13th May 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #2  
engine95's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,707
 
2,321 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedBoy8thStreet

could someone post a file of their nandroid backup of the stock rom? flashable thru twrp please.

I tried flashing the OTA on a stock rooted rom with twrp installed and my phone didn't like that. (rookie mistake) now any restore, rom flash, wipe, ect . will not work and my phone boots straight into TWRP every time. So if you could give me your nandroid backup w/o any data, or if you have a better solution please give me that. thanks!

We need more details really.
But if you can get into recovery, have you tried a factory reset? Then reboot.
We need to know your TWRP version, (KK or not), What ROM you were on prior, and what ROM's have you flashed since.
14th May 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #3  
MixedBoy8thStreet's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag lakeville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Virtually Nothing Works
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

We need more details really.
But if you can get into recovery, have you tried a factory reset? Then reboot.
We need to know your TWRP version, (KK or not), What ROM you were on prior, and what ROM's have you flashed since.

I was on the latest snapshot of CM11 and then i flashed LS970ZV9_DEODEX_STOCKROOT_1_13.zip

then i got the normal notification for the available OTA update (ZV9>>ZVB i believe) and i forgot that OTA's and custom recoveries don't work well together.

So I've literally wiped everything except for sd/data/media (or what ever holds all your photos and music ect) and I've tried restoring ALL my backups, nandroid wont ever work...

I believe installing a new recovery MIGHT work although I've tried two different versions of TWRP i had on my phone. (current TWRP v2.6.3.0)

Requesting:

1. Someone's NANDROID backup zip file with no data, obviously

2. CWM recovery for LS970 (lg optimus g) sprint

3. Drivers for XP PC to be able to access file system of my Optimus G
14th May 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 237
 
693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedBoy8thStreet

I was on the latest snapshot of CM11 and then i flashed LS970ZV9_DEODEX_STOCKROOT_1_13.zip

then i got the normal notification for the available OTA update (ZV9>>ZVB i believe) and i forgot that OTA's and custom recoveries don't work well together.

So I've literally wiped everything except for sd/data/media (or what ever holds all your photos and music ect) and I've tried restoring ALL my backups, nandroid wont ever work...

I believe installing a new recovery MIGHT work although I've tried two different versions of TWRP i had on my phone. (current TWRP v2.6.3.0)

Requesting:

1. Someone's NANDROID backup zip file with no data, obviously

2. CWM recovery for LS970 (lg optimus g) sprint

3. Drivers for XP PC to be able to access file system of my Optimus G

If you are on a stock rom you should be able to use freegee through the play store and it can install CWM if that's what you want.

Have you tried reflashing a stock rom? Why did you flash the zv9 when the zvc is available? I would try flashing that in recovery, twrp should flash it.

There are a few other options as well. Check the brick recovery thread and it will lead you to a teeny bin, you can use the programs that are suggested there and it will flash a recovery and unlock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230106


I think you can also use fastboot to flash a different recovery and unlock.
14th May 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #5  
MixedBoy8thStreet's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag lakeville
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

If you are on a stock rom you should be able to use freegee through the play store and it can install CWM if that's what you want.

Have you tried reflashing a stock rom? Why did you flash the zv9 when the zvc is available? I would try flashing that in recovery, twrp should flash it.

There are a few other options as well. Check the brick recovery thread and it will lead you to a teeny bin, you can use the programs that are suggested there and it will flash a recovery and unlock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230106


I think you can also use fastboot to flash a different recovery and unlock.

Yeah i tried reflashing all the roms i have on my phone and i tried the ZVB/C stock (deodexed) rom and they both failed flashing.

ZV9 was the only success until i tried that OTA. I'm downloading the CWM recovery zip file right now to flash in TWRP. could you tell me how i could move that file to my phone within TWRP? I have trouble finding out how to access the file system from my computer when my phone is in TWRP




Thanks for the quick replies!
14th May 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #6  
engine95's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,707
 
2,321 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedBoy8thStreet

Yeah i tried reflashing all the roms i have on my phone and i tried the ZVB/C stock (deodexed) rom and they both failed flashing.

ZV9 was the only success until i tried that OTA. I'm downloading the CWM recovery zip file right now to flash in TWRP. could you tell me how i could move that file to my phone within TWRP? I have trouble finding out how to access the file system from my computer when my phone is in TWRP




Thanks for the quick replies!

That's what we needed to know.
I think the issue is your modem. ZV9 is for ICS. ZVB/C is for JB/CM/AOSP
So if you still have your recovery or any unlocked recovery, flash the ZVC modem from the teeny bin thread. Then I would suggest a Stockish Rom. That should get you going.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes