FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] flashing recovery and Rom from a new user

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thegoat1984, Junior Member on 28th April 2014, 09:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I've rooted devices before, but this is all new to me. Its been a few years so please forgive me.

I have a LG G2 V980 from Verizon. So far I've managed to root with ioroot post 4.4.2 update. I have the Rom I want on my' sdcard' or whatever you want to call the root. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to actually flash it (is that the right term for installing a rom?).

I believe my issue is in the recovery. The guide for the Rom says to use twrp but I don't seem to understand how to install that either. I've used flashify and Rom manager But to no avail. When it does boot into it, or at least I think I am, there is an error message about authenticity then a blank screen.

Does anyone know what's going on here or can point me in the direction I need?

Thank you all for the help.

28th April 2014, 10:28 PM |#2  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 850

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat1984

So I've rooted devices before, but this is all new to me. Its been a few years so please forgive me.

I have a LG G2 V980 from Verizon. So far I've managed to root with ioroot post 4.4.2 update. I have the Rom I want on my' sdcard' or whatever you want to call the root. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to actually flash it (is that the right term for installing a rom?).

I believe my issue is in the recovery. The guide for the Rom says to use twrp but I don't seem to understand how to install that either. I've used flashify and Rom manager But to no avail. When it does boot into it, or at least I think I am, there is an error message about authenticity then a blank screen.

Does anyone know what's going on here or can point me in the direction I need?

Thank you all for the help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496
29th April 2014, 12:49 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you very much!!! This solved my issue as easy as could be.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)