Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashing recovery and Rom from a new user

Tip us?

thegoat1984
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] flashing recovery and Rom from a new user

So I've rooted devices before, but this is all new to me. Its been a few years so please forgive me.

I have a LG G2 V980 from Verizon. So far I've managed to root with ioroot post 4.4.2 update. I have the Rom I want on my' sdcard' or whatever you want to call the root. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to actually flash it (is that the right term for installing a rom?).

I believe my issue is in the recovery. The guide for the Rom says to use twrp but I don't seem to understand how to install that either. I've used flashify and Rom manager But to no avail. When it does boot into it, or at least I think I am, there is an error message about authenticity then a blank screen.

Does anyone know what's going on here or can point me in the direction I need?

Thank you all for the help.

6ril1
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat1984 View Post
So I've rooted devices before, but this is all new to me. Its been a few years so please forgive me.

I have a LG G2 V980 from Verizon. So far I've managed to root with ioroot post 4.4.2 update. I have the Rom I want on my' sdcard' or whatever you want to call the root. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to actually flash it (is that the right term for installing a rom?).

I believe my issue is in the recovery. The guide for the Rom says to use twrp but I don't seem to understand how to install that either. I've used flashify and Rom manager But to no avail. When it does boot into it, or at least I think I am, there is an error message about authenticity then a blank screen.

Does anyone know what's going on here or can point me in the direction I need?

Thank you all for the help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715496

thegoat1984
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ril1 View Post
Thank you very much!!! This solved my issue as easy as could be.