Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,429 Members 53,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anybody used progressive lenses like ...

Tip us?

gdude
Old
(Last edited by gdude; 22nd May 2014 at 02:28 PM.) Reason: Clarification
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Anybody used progressive lenses like ...

Has anybody here tried using progressive lenses with Glass? I tried Glass over my progressives and it seemed fine, but of course wearing Glass over a separate pair of glasses is very ugly. When I got the prescription frames, I discovered they were apparently incompatible with progressive lenses (as well as bifocals), or at least that's what the local stores said. This greatly limits how convenient Glass is for me.

I recently saw the Wetley GGRX Adapter w/ Custom Multifocal Progressive Lenses for Google Glass advertised. Has anybody tried these? I am pretty squeamish about ordering expensive corrective lenses over the Internet and would welcome any feedback.

ethutch
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I got the Google Bold frames and had my progressive prescription put in them. They work extremely well. It was also a fun way to turn a $1500 purchase into a $2300 expense. But it's only money. If I didn't spend it on that I'd probably just waste it on food.

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethutch View Post
I got the Google Bold frames and had my progressive prescription put in them. They work extremely well. It was also a fun way to turn a $1500 purchase into a $2300 expense. But it's only money. If I didn't spend it on that I'd probably just waste it on food.
Haaaaaa... If you are in the market of spending grandeur amounts of money on fancy computer glasses instead of food, there ARE some starving people in the world....Just a thought. Not to be one of those people who says that....

gdude
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethutch View Post
Thanks. I tried two local eyeglass chains and both said the "thin" Glass frames I have were incompatible with progressive lenses. Maybe the "bold" frames are different in that regard.

apeironer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Thanks. I tried two local eyeglass chains and both said the "thin" Glass frames I have were incompatible with progressive lenses. Maybe the "bold" frames are different in that regard.
I have the split glass frames which aren't that different from the thin frames and it wasn't a problem at all. I did go to a doctor that was glass certified, not that I think that should make that much of a difference.

TiltedAz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I went to two Glass approved optometrists and neither had an issue with a progressive in the thin frames.