Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 46,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ND8 KitKat source is posted on the opensource page..here comes KitKat with 3.4 kernel

Tip us?

poit
Old
(Last edited by poit; 30th April 2014 at 08:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Default ND8 KitKat source is posted on the opensource page..here comes KitKat with 3.4 kernel

Let the ROM watch begin. Here comes ND8 KitKat. CNexus confirms that with this update we will finally be on a 3.4 kernel!

http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...Value=sph-l710
No, you can't install anything from this link. It's source for developers. But it means in the next day or so the roll out of ND8 KitKat will begin OTA.
Novatel Bagphone, Motorola Microtac, Qualcom Q-Phone, Motorola Startac, Sanyo MM-8100, Sanyo MM7400, Samsung A900 Blade, HTC Touch Pro 2, Sammy Epic 4G,

Currently Sammy Galaxy S III running Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2 because it's just that good. Knox don't scare me
Sprint SERO Premium 500
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to poit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueAngel1953
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
It's great news.

Kevets
Old
Thanks Meter 101
And as always, don't just excitedly grab the update before you find out what's in it. We don't need another thread full of whiners.

There are plenty of competent people here who can modify the OTA if needed; the last time it took only a few days after the roll-out.

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,599

DONATE TO ME
Awesome
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poit
Old
(Last edited by poit; 29th April 2014 at 06:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Remember, if you get the notification, please try and get the actual file name of the update file and post it here. Once we have that name we can suss out the full download path of the file and it can be downloaded directly from the google server. In the past the path has been:

android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l710/XXXXXXXXXXX

where the X's are replaced by the file name.
Post the filename here if you get it!
Novatel Bagphone, Motorola Microtac, Qualcom Q-Phone, Motorola Startac, Sanyo MM-8100, Sanyo MM7400, Samsung A900 Blade, HTC Touch Pro 2, Sammy Epic 4G,

Currently Sammy Galaxy S III running Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2 because it's just that good. Knox don't scare me
Sprint SERO Premium 500
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to poit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueAngel1953
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Noted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,599

DONATE TO ME
Whooo!! I can confirm that with this update we will finally be on a 3.4 kernel!
@poit kindly add this info the OP :thumbup:
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enzoevo
Old
Thanks Meter 87
This will breathe new life into the S3. Awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Androidaholic
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Cant wait for this one !

If this is anything like KitKat for the Note3 it will be a winner. My Note 3 got way faster when I updated to KitKat. It was the single biggest improvement I have ever seen on a device with an OS update and I started using Android when the Samsung Moment came out on Sprint !
Androidaholic " Guzzling down as much Android as possible at all times "
The Following User Says Thank You to Androidaholic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheEnzyteGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidaholic View Post
If this is anything like KitKat for the Note3 it will be a winner. My Note 3 got way faster when I updated to KitKat. It was the single biggest improvement I have ever seen on a device with an OS update and I started using Android when the Samsung Moment came out on Sprint !
Agreed I remember using Android on my T-Mobile g1 when it was very first released o.O

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app