Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No option to update via the air

Tip us?
 
adsada arc
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 320
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default [Q] No option to update via the air

It appears my phone has a fault where the computer doesn't detect the phone when its plugged in via flash mode. So my only opion is to try and over the air update, which the website states go to: Settings > About phone > Software updates > System updates, however 'Software updates' isn't listed anywhere.. anyone know why

thanks
 
St.Jimmy90
Old
#2  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 527
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Frankfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsada arc View Post
It appears my phone has a fault where the computer doesn't detect the phone when its plugged in via flash mode. So my only opion is to try and over the air update, which the website states go to: Settings > About phone > Software updates > System updates, however 'Software updates' isn't listed anywhere.. anyone know why

thanks
Do you have stock rom installed? Is your bootloader LOCKED?
 
adsada arc
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 320
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
Do you have stock rom installed? Is your bootloader LOCKED?
yep I am on stock rom and my bootloader is locked
 
St.Jimmy90
Old
#4  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 125
Posts: 527
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Frankfurt
Maybe it's called different... On my phone its settings - about phone - update center
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain
 
adsada arc
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 320
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
Maybe it's called different... On my phone its settings - about phone - update center
Nope it says nothing at all the options are, statue, legal infomation, model number, android version, baseband version, kernel version and build number..
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes