Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Homescreen icons always redraws

Tip us?

devilmaycry2020
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Default Homescreen icons always redraws

hi all

my Xperia TX 4.3 maybe have problem all icon at main home screen always redraw when i run an app then quit by press Home button, i add
this code ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 to build.prop but didn't solve my problem. please help me. thanks.
Click the "Thanks" button if I've helped you

devilmaycry2020
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
ok, i've got it. check Disable HW overlays in develop options and no more redraw icons
Click the "Thanks" button if I've helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to devilmaycry2020 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilmaycry2020 View Post
ok, i've got it. check Disable HW overlays in develop options and no more redraw icons
http://www.jeffmixon.com/examining-b...-guide-part-2/

I recommend reading part 1 also, but just to summarize:

Quote:
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ – BUSTED

This property is supposed to “keep the launcher in memory” under the assumption that it would somehow make it faster. Unfortunately, this is a leftover Gingerbread property that no longer functions in ICS.

Gingerbread:

Code:
// These values are set in system/rootdir/init.rc on startup.
HOME_APP_ADJ = getIntProp("ro.HOME_APP_ADJ", true);
ICS:

Code:
static final int HOME_APP_ADJ = 6;
Google likely removed the ability to configure this value via a build.prop setting in ICS so that users could not set inappropriate values here.

SUMMARY
As we have seen many times already, there are no “magic properties” that you can set that will simply make your phone [insert desired superlative]. That is not to say that all build.prop settings are pointless. Some can actually provide some useful functionality. The key is not to blindly throw a slew of “tweaks” into your build.prop, but to carefully consider each one and know what they do (if anything) before using them.

That’s it for part two. Let me know what build.prop settings you want to see in part three!
If you really want to keep your launcher in memory, you can use App Settings (xposed module); I know for a fact it works because I use it, or you can even do it yourself with a script such as:

Quote:
#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 60
PPID=$(pidof com.whatsapp)

echo "-17" > /proc/$PPID/oom_adj
To lower the oom value of the app you want to avoid getting killed off by android.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]