Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Pen Window Doesn't Work Anymore

Tip us?

Redjax
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Pen Window Doesn't Work Anymore

I'm using Jelly Bean's ROM, and everything seems to be working fantastic, except for Pen Window...When I click the S-Pen button and select Pen Window, the cursor doesn't change to the "draw" cursor, and I can't draw a window; simply nothing happens. I've tried using apps like the Pen Window manager to add "extra" apps to the pen window interface, but that doesn't work, and I've checked all my settings, but can't find anything about enabling/disabling Pen Window.

Any suggestions?

chadguy666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjax View Post
I'm using Jelly Bean's ROM, and everything seems to be working fantastic, except for Pen Window...When I click the S-Pen button and select Pen Window, the cursor doesn't change to the "draw" cursor, and I can't draw a window; simply nothing happens. I've tried using apps like the Pen Window manager to add "extra" apps to the pen window interface, but that doesn't work, and I've checked all my settings, but can't find anything about enabling/disabling Pen Window.

Any suggestions?
Im having the same issue, did you manage to fix the problem because i would really like mine to work :-/

cjamison08
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Mine let's me draw a window, but the applications box is empty, and upon trying to add applications through the edit menu, I get a force close error. I am however on Baja rom kit Kat build. I am new to the android development area but I am semi-proficient in Linux so I will look into this a bit more and maybe see if I can't find the cause so we may find a solution.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

cjamison08
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Here's a screen shot of the error message I get if anyone else would be willing to help

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398665609182.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	2713255

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

cjamison08
Old
Thanks Meter 5
ok i seem to have fixed it. first off if you have pen window manager and mw manager installed. make backups in titu then uninstall them and then reboot. try reinstalling just pen window manager first without restoring data. it should then work. after that you can try to reinstall mw manager but that seemed to be the trouble spot on my note 3.

cjamison08
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Unfortunately I'm on kit Kat so I can't recreate the problem you guys are receiving. Can you maybe take a screen shot to give me an idea of what's going on? And does multi window work for you?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Tags
pen window, s pen