Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Write Protection Off Issue - Bootloader Unlocked

Tip us?

ss12108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Default Write Protection Off Issue - Bootloader Unlocked

So I've got a Droid Maxx non dev edition but was lucky enough to unlock my bootloader. Just today I used RSD Lite to go back to 4.2.2 stock, then reinstalled TWRP and re-rooted.

For some reason, all the bloat I remove with titanium keeps reinstalling itself and it's driving me nuts. I checked my write protection status and it still returns code 0, but the device is acting like write protection is back on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Really? Of course it came back you did an fxz do you even understand what that is.

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
Really? Of course it came back you did an fxz do you even understand what that is.
He said he did the fxz before trying to remove the apps.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ss12108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Yes I know exactly what it is. My bootloader is still unlocked and the ADB Shell command to check write protection status still comes back as a 0. The only way to get back to 4.2.2 is to use the FXZ or use fastboot commands, and since the fastboot commands weren't working, I went the FXZ route.

I'm not questioning why the bloat came back...I'm asking why I can't get rid of it now. Try reading before replying next time.

As stated above, I'm now trying to remove bloat and it keeps re-downloading on its own. I remember when I went to 4.4 with slapmymoto I had to boot into "recovery" and then remove the bloat, and that would work, but I have custom recovery on an unlocked bootloader now so I am not sure if there's something I'm missing.

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 201
I did read and no where did it say you did an fxz and then tried to remove the bloat. If you want help be more specific in what steps you took and the order you did them.

ss12108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
I did read and no where did it say you did an fxz and then tried to remove the bloat. If you want help be more specific in what steps you took and the order you did them.
"Just today I used RSD Lite to go back to 4.2.2 stock, then reinstalled TWRP and re-rooted."

I think my steps were pretty clear in the first posts but we can just agree to disagree.

ss12108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Just an FYI, when I get home later I am going to try flashing back to the stock recovery from the 4.2.2 fxz, then seeing if it boots in "recovery" mode. I remember doing that when first rooting and upgrading to 4.4 and needing to be booted to "recovery" to have deleted bloat stay where it belongs...deleted.

ss12108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Alright now I'm begging for some help here.

I'm rooted, unlocked bootloader, and WP off (confirmed again), and I cannot use Titanium to uninstall IMDB after running the FXZ 4.2.2 with the camera update. I confirm again, I am still rooted, my bootloader is still unlocked, and I still have WP off (status 0).

Can anyone else please shed some light on this? Why on earth would I not be able to uninstall anything while rooted, unlocked, and WP off????!!!!!

ss12108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 115
Found some of the APKs in system/vendor, deleted them, then used Titanium to uninstall, and it seems to be sticking. What a pain in the a$$ that was.

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 312
I've used Titanium on my last two phones - not this one - but it's ability to freeze and uninstall apps was never too great for me. It's a lot easier to delete the apps (or rename them with a .bak at the end of the apk and odex files) using Root Explorer.