Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Write Protection Off Issue - Bootloader Unlocked

OP ss12108

21st April 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 119

641 posts
More
So I've got a Droid Maxx non dev edition but was lucky enough to unlock my bootloader. Just today I used RSD Lite to go back to 4.2.2 stock, then reinstalled TWRP and re-rooted.

For some reason, all the bloat I remove with titanium keeps reinstalling itself and it's driving me nuts. I checked my write protection status and it still returns code 0, but the device is acting like write protection is back on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
21st April 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 223

843 posts
Really? Of course it came back you did an fxz do you even understand what that is.
21st April 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #3  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,923

3,032 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150

Really? Of course it came back you did an fxz do you even understand what that is.

He said he did the fxz before trying to remove the apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to akellar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

641 posts
More
Quote:

Yes I know exactly what it is. My bootloader is still unlocked and the ADB Shell command to check write protection status still comes back as a 0. The only way to get back to 4.2.2 is to use the FXZ or use fastboot commands, and since the fastboot commands weren't working, I went the FXZ route.

I'm not questioning why the bloat came back...I'm asking why I can't get rid of it now. Try reading before replying next time.

As stated above, I'm now trying to remove bloat and it keeps re-downloading on its own. I remember when I went to 4.4 with slapmymoto I had to boot into "recovery" and then remove the bloat, and that would work, but I have custom recovery on an unlocked bootloader now so I am not sure if there's something I'm missing.

22nd April 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 223

843 posts
I did read and no where did it say you did an fxz and then tried to remove the bloat. If you want help be more specific in what steps you took and the order you did them.
22nd April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

641 posts
More
Quote:

I did read and no where did it say you did an fxz and then tried to remove the bloat. If you want help be more specific in what steps you took and the order you did them.

"Just today I used RSD Lite to go back to 4.2.2 stock, then reinstalled TWRP and re-rooted."

I think my steps were pretty clear in the first posts but we can just agree to disagree.

23rd April 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

641 posts
More
Just an FYI, when I get home later I am going to try flashing back to the stock recovery from the 4.2.2 fxz, then seeing if it boots in "recovery" mode. I remember doing that when first rooting and upgrading to 4.4 and needing to be booted to "recovery" to have deleted bloat stay where it belongs...deleted.

24th April 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

641 posts
More
Alright now I'm begging for some help here.

I'm rooted, unlocked bootloader, and WP off (confirmed again), and I cannot use Titanium to uninstall IMDB after running the FXZ 4.2.2 with the camera update. I confirm again, I am still rooted, my bootloader is still unlocked, and I still have WP off (status 0).

Can anyone else please shed some light on this? Why on earth would I not be able to uninstall anything while rooted, unlocked, and WP off????!!!!!
24th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

641 posts
More
Found some of the APKs in system/vendor, deleted them, then used Titanium to uninstall, and it seems to be sticking. What a pain in the a$$ that was.

24th April 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,340 posts
I've used Titanium on my last two phones - not this one - but it's ability to freeze and uninstall apps was never too great for me. It's a lot easier to delete the apps (or rename them with a .bak at the end of the apk and odex files) using Root Explorer.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread