Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

Issue with 2GB memory card slowing down system...

OP CJNYC

10th August 2006, 03:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 3

199 posts
I'm having a new issue, which is more of a nag than a real problem. I recently picked up one of the new 2GB micro-SD cards from Verizon. When the card is installed, I experience a 1-2 second delay from the time I hit the power button to the time the screen comes on. With the card removed there is no delay.

Is this a problem with the TyTN's memory management system? I'm not running any programs off the card. I kept a large mini-SD card in my K-jam at all times with no such slowdowns on power-up.

Thanks
10th August 2006, 05:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

67 posts
I'm running a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD in my v1605 and I've not had any issues like this. It's as fast as my 1gigger.
10th August 2006, 06:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
New York

199 posts
Is it as fast as when you have no card in the system? I'm only talking about power-up from standby. Thanks
10th August 2006, 06:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

67 posts
I press the button, it comes on. No lag at all.
10th August 2006, 06:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

109 posts
do you have any today plugins that are checking the size of the card?
11th August 2006, 12:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
New York

199 posts
I have SPB PocketPlus which shows the status of the card. I have tried removing that feature, but I can't be sure it's still not polling the card. Do you think this is the culprit? I hope not, as I really like this software.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread