S5 model help!?

Search This thread

Jleech330

Jul 2, 2012
Hello I recently purchased a galaxy s5 on Craigslist and thought it was an unlocked version but when I got home and looked closer the model number of the phone is SM-G900 ... Does anyone know what carrier the phone originated on?i can't seem to find anything online about this version as all other carriers have a letter after the 900 telling you what carrier it's to. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also with the version will I get lte on att network?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

BJSerpas

Mar 6, 2013
Hello I recently purchased a galaxy s5 on Craigslist and thought it was an unlocked version but when I got home and looked closer the model number of the phone is SM-G900 ... Does anyone know what carrier the phone originated on?i can't seem to find anything online about this version as all other carriers have a letter after the 900 telling you what carrier it's to. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nobody can read anything in that tiny screenshot man :)

Yeah, the screenshot is just a thumbnail. As far as I know, there's a few unlocked versions out there, where the G900W8 and G900F support 4G, and the G900H does not. The G900T is Tmobile's phone, but it is unlocked, supports 4G, and works on AT&T's networks. It looks like whoever sold this to you tried to get one over on you by hiding the letter, because if the actual model of the phone turns out to be G900H, then you won't be able to use 4G on AT&T, because, hardware-wise, the G900H doesn't have the bands necessary to use 4G.

If you can't find it in system info, see what happens when you plug it into your computer. Sometimes (in my case for one), Will say something like: "What would you like to do with this device?"
And then give you the model number of the phone.

If it still turns out to be G900 with no letter, then who knows? Maybe it's some model manufactured straight from Samsung designed to be a developer device. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it's the only other explanation I can come up with.

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa

Get this app: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737283

There you can see the CSC code. You will know if it is a international version or branded version.