Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 48,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amazon FireTV Side App Installer

Tip us?

imtiajmeah
Old
(Last edited by imtiajmeah; 18th July 2014 at 10:18 PM.) Reason: New download link added
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Prompt Amazon FireTV Side App Installer

Hi Guys,

I've created GUI app to easily sideload your apks to the FTV.... I will be updating it over time with extra bells and whistles.

Please be advised I do not take any responsibility if you root your device and it gets bricked.

The link will direct you to a URL to download the app. Sorry for any inconvenience, as it's the only way I can think to help fund my app.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...p=sharing#list

1. Unzip the folder to "C:\FTV"
2. Launch app "FTV Side App Installer.exe"
3. CMD will launch automatically and run the ADB commands.
4. Once its all done it will confirm "Success" in the CMD window.

I've only tested it on Win8, but should work on Win7.

Enjoy

P.S I don't take any credit for the adb.exe and dll files. Just the frontend GUI interface.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to imtiajmeah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imtiajmeah
Old
(Last edited by imtiajmeah; 18th July 2014 at 10:19 PM.) Reason: Update to v 0.15
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Default Updates

Changelog v0.15

Added Cache Video Buffering config - Details at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...cache#Examples
Reboot FTV confirmation
Screen Capture now has Date and time stamp (no need to move file before another capture)

Changelog v0.14

Bugfix for Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade
Added forum link in dropdown menu

Changelog v0.13

Updated XBMC keymapping v1,v2 ,v3 details http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...Fire_TV_remote
Added Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade
Towel Root updated to v3 (updated a couple of versions back but forgot to log it)

Changelog v0.12

Basic screen capture (rename the file or move before taking another capture or it will replace the previous)

Changelog v0.11

Added OTA Disable
Added OTA Enable
Added FTV Reboot

Changelog v0.10

Switch ClassicTV icon with XBMC icon
Removed OTA Update (until brick recovery fix is found)
Removed reboot
Added Shell access

Changelog v0.9

Fixed Root package install

Changelog v0.8

Updated Root install
Added OTA update - Enable
Added OTA update - Disable
Added Reboot device

Changelog v0.7

Added Root

Changelog v0.6

The ability to downgrade apps i.e install previous version of xbmc (handy if you install nightly build)

Changelog v0.5

Command Window now in focus when running
Llama apk file updated
Added Llama XBMC config file upload
Disabled the X from top right of app

Changelog v0.4

Select app location default folder changed
XBMC keymapping v3 button added
XBMC Restore bug fixed
Added Llama install
Added Wiki Link in menu

Changelog v0.3

Backup now Userdata, Splashscreen, Addon
Install App *fix for updates
Install AutoPilot

Changelog v0.2

Added XBMC custom Splashscreen upload
Added XBMC backup and restore

Changelog v0.1

Sideload apk files to you FTV

Butcher98
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Look forward to test it tonight! Thanks.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

mejdam
Old
(Last edited by mejdam; 30th April 2014 at 09:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiajmeah View Post
Hi Guys,

I've created GUI app to easily sideload your apks to the FTV.... I will be updating it over time with extra bells and whistles.

https://www.dropbox.com/l/5bRCVHUmnzSOTYNOzgrIud?

1. Unzip the folder to "C:\FTV"
2. Launch app "FTV Side App Installer.exe"
3. CMD will launch automatically and run the ADB commands.
4. Once its all done it will confirm "Success" in the CMD window.

I've only tested it on Win8, but should work on Win7.

Enjoy

P.S I don't take any credit for the adb.exe and dll files. Just the frontend GUI interface.
What did you code this in? VB?

If i could suggest something, You can code a radio button that says AutoPilot and another that says Llama where it would download the apk from the web or include them in your zip file. Autopilot allows to automatically boot into xbmc upon reboot and llama lets you change the home button action.

If you go the download apks on the fly route can you use this command line to download the files
bitsadmin.exe /transfer "AutoPilot" "https://diegomejia.globat.com/android/AutoPilot.apk" c:\FTV\Autopilot.apk
The Following User Says Thank You to mejdam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

YoColdRain
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post

If i could suggest something, You can code a radio button that says AutoPilot and another that says Llama where it would download the apk from the web or include them in your zip file. Autopilot allows to automatically boot into xbmc upon reboot and llama lets you change the home button action.

If you go the download apks on the fly route can you use this command line to download the files
bitsadmin.exe /transfer "AutoPilot" "https://diegomejia.globat.com/android/AutoPilot.apk" c:\FTV\Autopilot.apk
another suggestion is backing up folders on fire tv, for upgrading xbmc versions.

imtiajmeah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Yeah VB... Good idea I will try and get them added on my next update
The Following User Says Thank You to imtiajmeah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mejdam
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoColdRain View Post
another suggestion is backing up folders on fire tv, for upgrading xbmc versions.
correct, i also just thought of pushing advancesettings.xml and splash.png and even key layouts

imtiajmeah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoColdRain View Post
yeah... I was actually thinking that a couple of days back... Will get that added hopefully.

mejdam
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiajmeah View Post
yeah... I was actually thinking that a couple of days back... Will get that added hopefully.
wondering how hard it would be to automatically detect the amazon fire tv IP. Either scan for a series of ports that are open on the FTV or you can say make sure the FTV is off, scan the network for all IPs then have the user power on the FTV and scan it again. Compare the IPs and if done correctly there should be an IP that appears on the second list thats not on the first. Sorry for all the requests i just think its cool what you did and know these features would mean alot

imtiajmeah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
wondering how hard it would be to automatically detect the amazon fire tv IP. Either scan for a series of ports that are open on the FTV or you can say make sure the FTV is off, scan the network for all IPs then have the user power on the FTV and scan it again. Compare the IPs and if done correctly there should be an IP that appears on the second list thats not on the first. Sorry for all the requests i just think its cool what you did and know these features would mean alot
Something I will look into for future release.

Tags
adb, apk, fire tv, installer, sideload