[MOD][KitKat] Hid3rs G3 NotiPanel 10/6/14
I made this mod basically for Cloudy's ROMs, but
it doesn't mean it won't work on other ones.
It modifies the LGSystemUI.apk, but you don't actually flash the whole .apk (except the Flex 2.4 mod
), only the modded files, so there's a good chance it will work on many stock based ROMs!
- Stock G3 QuickSetting icons
- Added animation to some QS toggles
- New FM Radio/Music controller icons
- Made a zip for Stock ROMs (based on D802 20D), so hopefully we won't have disappearing volume sliders, navbar button order issues anymore
If you've already installed any of the previous versions of this mod, you should go back to stock - meaning you should restore the backup of your LGSystemUI.apk - before you flash this update!
: Addons (themes) from 2nd post will NOT work properly anymore, so don't flash them! I'll just make new ones later.
Q: How do I install it?
A: Just download the zip for your ROM and flash it via recovery (make a nandroid backup first
, better safe than sorry!).
Q: How do I go back to stock?
A: You either restore your previously backed up
/system/ partition OR make a flashable zip out of your "stock" LGSystemUI.apk
Here is how you do it:
Let's say you're using CloudyFlex. First, you open CloudyFlex_2.4.zip (this is the whole ROM you've downloaded from Cloudy's thread), then extract this file: /system/priv-app/LGSystemUI.apk
Now download this sample zip
. You'll see 2 folders in it: META-INF and system. Double-click system
, then priv-app
. Now grab your previously extracted LGSystemUI.apk, and just drag-and-drop it into the sample zip, so you will have the .apk in /system/priv-app/LGSystemUI.apk.
Your zip is now ready, you can flash it via recovery!
(don't forget that you can use adb push while you're in recovery!)
Q: Can I flash this on stock (like...really STOCK) ROM?
A: You can try flashing the D802 20d / CloudyStock version, it may be buggy though!
(d/l the one for the ROM you're using - Captain Obvious; If you're using other stock based ROMs, you should either download the one for StockROMs or the one for CloudyStock, make a backup first!)
- Now it works with ART as well, but it's not a patch; you HAVE to restore the "stock" LGSystemUI.apk, then flash this new mod, otherwise it won't fix anything! If you haven't installed previous versions of the mod, just go on and flash the zip.
- CloudyPro II
- Stock ROMs
- it's an experimental version. Tested on D802 20D; will NOT work on LS/VS980 phones!
If front touch button combination/knock code doesn't work after flashing this, restore your backup.
- Xdabbeb's VS980 ROM - soon!
Tested and works on:
- CloudyFlex 2.4
- CloudyPro II 2.2
- CloudyStock 2.2
- Stock D80220d
Tested and doesn't currently work on:
- Xdabbeb's VS980 ROM
- LS/VS980 ROMs.
@ devs: If you want to use my work in any way, please PM me first.