[MOD][KitKat] Hid3rs G3 NotiPanel 10/6/14

OP Hid3rs

View First Unread
30th April 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 556

318 posts
Donate to Me

I made this mod basically for Cloudy's ROMs, but it doesn't mean it won't work on other ones.

It modifies the LGSystemUI.apk, but you don't actually flash the whole .apk (except the Flex 2.4 mod), only the modded files, so there's a good chance it will work on many stock based ROMs!

What's new?
- Stock G3 QuickSetting icons
- Added animation to some QS toggles
- New FM Radio/Music controller icons
- Made a zip for Stock ROMs (based on D802 20D), so hopefully we won't have disappearing volume sliders, navbar button order issues anymore

Note: If you've already installed any of the previous versions of this mod, you should go back to stock - meaning you should restore the backup of your LGSystemUI.apk - before you flash this update!

Note II: Addons (themes) from 2nd post will NOT work properly anymore, so don't flash them! I'll just make new ones later.

Q: How do I install it?
A: Just download the zip for your ROM and flash it via recovery (make a nandroid backup first, better safe than sorry!).

Q: How do I go back to stock?
A: You either restore your previously backed up /system/ partition OR make a flashable zip out of your "stock" LGSystemUI.apk

Here is how you do it:
Let's say you're using CloudyFlex. First, you open CloudyFlex_2.4.zip (this is the whole ROM you've downloaded from Cloudy's thread), then extract this file: /system/priv-app/LGSystemUI.apk

Now download this sample zip. You'll see 2 folders in it: META-INF and system. Double-click system, then priv-app. Now grab your previously extracted LGSystemUI.apk, and just drag-and-drop it into the sample zip, so you will have the .apk in /system/priv-app/LGSystemUI.apk.

Your zip is now ready, you can flash it via recovery!

(don't forget that you can use adb push while you're in recovery!)

Q: Can I flash this on stock (like...really STOCK) ROM?
A: You can try flashing the D802 20d / CloudyStock version, it may be buggy though!

Download:

(d/l the one for the ROM you're using - Captain Obvious; If you're using other stock based ROMs, you should either download the one for StockROMs or the one for CloudyStock, make a backup first!)

- CloudyStock

- CloudyFlex - Now it works with ART as well, but it's not a patch; you HAVE to restore the "stock" LGSystemUI.apk, then flash this new mod, otherwise it won't fix anything! If you haven't installed previous versions of the mod, just go on and flash the zip.

- CloudyPro II

- Stock ROMs - it's an experimental version. Tested on D802 20D; will NOT work on LS/VS980 phones!
If front touch button combination/knock code doesn't work after flashing this, restore your backup.

- Xdabbeb's VS980 ROM - soon!

Tested and works on:
- CloudyFlex 2.4
- CloudyPro II 2.2
- CloudyStock 2.2
- Stock D80220d
- ???

Tested and doesn't currently work on:
- Xdabbeb's VS980 ROM
- LS/VS980 ROMs.

@ devs: If you want to use my work in any way, please PM me first.
Last edited by Hid3rs; 11th June 2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Updated Cloudy Flex mod - ART Support
The Following 177 Users Say Thank You to Hid3rs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

318 posts
Donate to Me
OLD VERSIONS - Scroll back to 1st post!

The first time I saw the leaked G3 screenshots I immediately fell inlove with its simple UI, so I thought I'd try to bring it to our beloved G2.

So far, I've remade/copied the notification panel. I think it looks great. Of course, it's not exactly how the G3 will look, but I think it will be similar.

I made this mod basically for Cloudy's ROMs, but it doesn't mean it won't work on other ones.

It modifies the LGSystemUI.apk, but you don't actually flash the whole .apk, only the modded files, so there's a good chance it will work on many stock based ROMs!

Stock / Modded

Q: How do I install it?
A: Just download the zip for your ROM and flash it via recovery (make a nandroid backup first, better safe than sorry!).

Q: How do I go back to stock?
A: You either restore your previously backed up /system/ partition OR grab /system/priv-app/LGSystemUI.apk AND .odex files from your ROM's .zip and make a flashable one out of it. I've uploaded a backup .zip for each of Cloudy's most recent ROMs, you can download them from here.

Q: Can I flash this on stock (like...really STOCK) ROM?
A: Good question, I haven't been on stock ROMs for ages, so I couldn't test it myself, but I see no reason why you shouldn't give it a try.
Make a nandroid, then flash the mod for Stock based ROMs.

Q: Can you make the app icons flat?
A: I'm pretty sure there are people working on a G3-like theme, so I won't waste my time on it.

Download:

- Stock-based ROMs (d/l this one if you want to flash this on stock ROM, but once again, it might will NOT work, so backup backup backup!)

- Flex-based ROMs

- GPro 2-based ROMs

If you can't change the navbar button combination after flashing the mod, flash this little patch, it should fix the problem. (the title says it's for the D802, but it should work on different modells as well)

Changelog:

Xposed module
- P_Toti is trying to include this mod in his next release of G2 TweaksBox, so I'm not going to update this anymore, because hopefully it will work on every variant without any issues.

V1.1
- ART support*
- Changed brightness/volume slider color

*LGSystemUI won't crash now if you switch to ART, but you NEED to restore your .odex file that V1.0 previously deleted! So you either restore your backup (you made one, right?) OR if you're on a recent Cloudy ROM, download one of these flashable zips for your ROM OR restore them manually: you can find LGSystemUI.apk and .odex files in your downloaded ROM's .zip in /system/priv-app/ OR dirty flash your ROM (I guess).

Even if you don't need ART, please, restore your files for your own good!

If you haven't flashed 1.0 before, then you don't have to do anything, just flash 1.1.

V1.0
- First release

Tested and works on:
- CloudyStock 2.0, 2.1
- CloudyFlex 2.1, 2.2
- CloudyPro II 2.0, 2.1
- Pardus 6.1
- Stock D80220a/d
- Stock D80520a
- Stock F320k
- OptimusRs Pro 2 Rom
- ???

Tested and doesn't currently work on:
Quote:

It's not working on my G2 F320 using Vietnam Mod Rom

- Xdabbeb's VS980 ROM
- LS/VS980 ROMs.

Reserved this post for upcoming stuff.

Addons

You have to flash the base mod (see 1st post) first, otherwise these won't work properly!

Empty QS Buttons

Stock /// Flex \\\ GPro 2

Rose

Rose Empty

Last edited by Hid3rs; 2nd June 2014 at 12:22 AM.
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to Hid3rs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,599

2,318 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Thank you for this. I appreciate the work

5 stars + subscribed also.
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

181 posts

Cp 2.1. Can't see enabled icons

EDIT: It's because of g2 xposed interfering .

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Andrija231; 30th April 2014 at 11:59 PM.
1st May 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,599

2,318 posts
Donate to Me
More
You might also put the description that it isn't art compatible for now
The Following User Says Thank You to bender_007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

318 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender_007

You might also put the description that it isn't art compatible for now

It isn't? That's good to know! Thanks. It's strange though as I've only changed a few png's and xmls, nothing too drastic.

edit: I switched to ART, now I see what you're talking about. I'm sorry it screwed up your phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija231

Cp 2.1. Can't see enabled icons

EDIT: It's because of g2 xposed interfering .

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Ouch, now that looks really flat!

If you disable G2 Xposed; is it normal, like in the screenshot I posted in the OP?
I wonder why your settings button looks like that in the header.
Last edited by Hid3rs; 1st May 2014 at 12:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hid3rs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #7  
Flag Blackmist Town
Thanks Meter: 366

1,296 posts
Works fantastic. Thank you tons. Subscribed to thread!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Last edited by osmosizzz; 1st May 2014 at 01:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to osmosizzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 38

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hid3rs

It isn't? That's good to know! Thanks. It's strange though as I've only changed a few png's and xmls, nothing too drastic.

edit: I switched to ART, now I see what you're talking about. I'm sorry it screwed up your phone!

Ouch, now that looks really flat!

If you disable G2 Xposed; is it normal, like in the screenshot I posted in the OP?
I wonder why your settings button looks like that in the header.

Yes it's normal now. Just disabled kitkat expanded and the one below (can't remember).
1st May 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #9  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 58

352 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just perfect thanks for this!

Enviado do meu LG-D802 através de Tapatalk
1st May 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #10  
Flag Qingdao
Thanks Meter: 692

734 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hid3rs

The first time I saw the leaked G3 screenshots I immediately fell inlove with its simple UI, so I thought I'd try to bring it to our beloved G2.

So far, I've remade/copied the notification panel. I think it looks great. Of course, it's not exactly how the G3 will look, but I think it will be similar.

This little mod is basically a modified LGSystemUI.apk, which ...........

You're shooting yourself into the stars with mods like these.Really appreciate it.Continue the good work!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg g2 flat ui g3
Previous Thread Next Thread