[GUIDE] Faking US Play Store without Market Unlocker or *ROOT*
Now before I begin, most of you had lost the ability to use Market Enabler/Unlocker due to the recent update on Google Servers
which now upon purchase tracks down your actual location and ties down your account to your location.
So here's the deal on how to get it back. Without rooting. Without any Unlocker.
- 2 Android Phones.
- VPN (TunnelBear or HotspotShield)
Now before you jump into conclusions, that "OH VPN" Just remember, that when you get off the VPN, Exit PlayStore and open it again, it re-asks you to "Accept" terms which brings you back to your local playstore. Boohoo. Here's proof on my side at the end of this post.
- Open Play, Download the app called TunnelBear VPN
- Clear Market Cache/Data after Download
- Register with TunnelBear/Hotspot VPN and connect to it.
*Make sure you are connected and are receiving packets!*
- Open Play, Accept the terms and you will now be greeted with the ever so friendly US Play store as shown below. (Refer to Image #1
- Once accepted, tab out and back in to make sure it sticks without exiting, do not exit
the app via Multi window!
- Clear Cache/Data on Android phone #2
- Open Play *Without connecting to VPN
*This time, it will ask you to accept terms, but lead you to the US Play Store*
- Disconnect from the VPN from Android #1 used and tab back to Play.
For those who doubt my location, refer to Image #2
Finally, to prove that this works, I have loaded Play on all my devices (Cleared Data/Cache for devices that were not used in this setup) and without the use of any VPN they all loaded Play US Store. (Refer to Image#3 and #4
If you own a device or more that share the same account such as, Phone#1 and Phone#2 share the account you use for Purchase (To share paid apps between devices) Google servers check with each device
eg: Phone #1 location = US, Proceed. Welcome to US Play. Disconnect VPN
Phone #2 location = <Your country>, Check Phone #1 <VPN Disconnected already>, Location ≠ US, resend Terms Policy. Reset.
And yes they can determine your carrier and location without you knowing, When you install an app via Play it shows under devices as
But if you had faked initial Device #1
and accepted, then accepted via Device #2
, it check's back with Device #1
, Since Device#1
says US, it proceeds with what permission was granted first to the gmail account <US Play Permission due to VPN>.