Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] HELP! Update system software.

2nd May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I keep getting that software update thing after which I downloaded it and tried to install it but failed.

I have rooted my HTC One as well.

Any advice on this? I am currently downloading Android Revolution HD One 53.0 custom ROM, am I doing the right thing? As far as I know, I need to download a custom ROM right? Also, all I need to install that ROM is by going into bootloader mode, and then into recovery and finding that .rom right?

Will all my data/apps and other stuffs in my phone be deleted after installing that ROM? Please advise. Thanks alot. In a mess right now..
2nd May 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 17

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHartx

I keep getting that software update thing after which I downloaded it and tried to install it but failed.

I have rooted my HTC One as well.

Any advice on this? I am currently downloading Android Revolution HD One 53.0 custom ROM, am I doing the right thing? As far as I know, I need to download a custom ROM right? Also, all I need to install that ROM is by going into bootloader mode, and then into recovery and finding that .rom right?

Will all my data/apps and other stuffs in my phone be deleted after installing that ROM? Please advise. Thanks alot. In a mess right now..

Need a bit more information before i can try and help:

-Is your bootloader unlocked?
-Do you have a custom recovery installed such as TWRP or CWM?

If the above are true then you are on the right path. You should download the ROM of choice, navigate to your recovery, perform a standard wipe, install the new ROM.

Unfortunately yes you will be losing the apps/data portions when you wipe. But anything that isn't part of the system will be preserved (AKA your internal SD card).
3rd May 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleallen5000

Need a bit more information before i can try and help:

-Is your bootloader unlocked?
-Do you have a custom recovery installed such as TWRP or CWM?

If the above are true then you are on the right path. You should download the ROM of choice, navigate to your recovery, perform a standard wipe, install the new ROM.

Unfortunately yes you will be losing the apps/data portions when you wipe. But anything that isn't part of the system will be preserved (AKA your internal SD card).

My bootloader is unlocked. I have TWRP installed. What do I actually wipe? Everything? Mine is a HTC One M7, so it doesn't have an internal SD card. D:

Also, will the software updates stop bothering me? I can't seem to get rid of it. And I'm doing it because of the purple tint in the camera photos, does the new ROM solves it?
Last edited by LeHartx; 3rd May 2014 at 06:50 AM.
3rd May 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #4  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,164

14,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHartx

My bootloader is unlocked. I have TWRP installed. What do I actually wipe? Everything? Mine is a HTC One M7, so it doesn't have an internal SD card. D:

Also, will the software updates stop bothering me? I can't seem to get rid of it. And I'm doing it because of the purple tint in the camera photos, does the new ROM solves it?

That the issue. Your bootloader has to be locked with stock recovery.

No this doesn't fix it. You would have to send it in to be fixed.

Bat cave One
3rd May 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

That the issue. Your bootloader has to be locked with stock recovery.

No this doesn't fix it. You would have to send it in to be fixed.

Bat cave One

I'm not sure that bootloader needs to be locked for OTAs even with S-On. I take the US Dev Edition as an example, which by default comes bootloader unlocked and S-On, and receives OTAs just fine (obviously stock recovery and stock ROM).

For RUUs even the Dev Edition needs to be relocked (ironically) with S-On, but not for OTAs.
3rd May 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I'm still not sure whether to do it yet or wait till the latest version is out, may I know when is it available roughly? D:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread