Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery problem

Tip us?

masterluigi4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery problem

Hello xda, I have problem with battery on my s3 mini. It says that phone is fully charged (100%), and when it reach about ~70% phone is rebooting, and after that it shows 0% and it is turning off. To complicate this problem more, if I plug into loader (while phone is off) it shows 70%.
I have stock rom, android 4.1.2, rooted of course. I have installed TWRP v2.6.3.0 and there is no battery wipe option. Do you have any ideas how to fix this ?

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterluigi4 View Post
Hello xda, I have problem with battery on my s3 mini. It says that phone is fully charged (100%), and when it reach about ~70% phone is rebooting, and after that it shows 0% and it is turning off. To complicate this problem more, if I plug into loader (while phone is off) it shows 70%.
I have stock rom, android 4.1.2, rooted of course. I have installed TWRP v2.6.3.0 and there is no battery wipe option. Do you have any ideas how to fix this ?
yes, search through forums there are a few threads where people had this problem
Use the search functionality before you post as the question may have already been asked

I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work

oldmen
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Maybe try outer battery

Using the thank button it not
So herd gest press it

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
i had the same problem in November 2013. I tried every fix I could find, but none worked. A new battery fixed it

burak185
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I had that problem too. Is your battery enlarged? It's called battery swelling, inflation etc. You must buy a new battery.

masterluigi4
Old
(Last edited by masterluigi4; 3rd May 2014 at 09:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by koragg97 View Post
i had the same problem in November 2013. I tried every fix I could find, but none worked. A new battery fixed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by burak185 View Post
I had that problem too. Is your battery enlarged? It's called battery swelling, inflation etc. You must buy a new battery.
Yeah, I think that it is the only solution for this. At this moment I'm waiting for a new battery that I bought from the internet.
Thanks for answers

Edit:

New battery solved the problem.
Some time ago I dropped my phone, and maybe that was the cause of the problem.