Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safe to turn of phone in downloading mode (samsung)

Tip us?

X-zone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Question [Q] Safe to turn of phone in downloading mode (samsung)

Hi there!

I just entered downloading mode on my samsung device, and I was about to flash a custom recovery using ODIN, but I changed my mind and wanted to reboot the phone. But it stands "Do not turn off target !!". What should I do? Or does this warning only apply while flashing?

Regards,
X-zone
Loading awesome signature

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-zone View Post
Hi there!

I just entered downloading mode on my samsung device, and I was about to flash a custom recovery using ODIN, but I changed my mind and wanted to reboot the phone. But it stands "Do not turn off target !!". What should I do? Or does this warning only apply while flashing?

Regards,
X-zone
Yea, it's fine as long as it is not in the middle of flashing. Have done it 100s of times on various Samsung devices with no issues. What made ya get cold feet with the recovery? If you are worried about something, I can walk you through it.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

X-zone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Yea, it's fine as long as it is not in the middle of flashing. Have done it 100s of times on various Samsung devices with no issues. What made ya get cold feet with the recovery? If you are worried about something, I can walk you through it.
Okey thanks for the answer. And no, I didn't get any cold feet , but big thanks anyway for your helpfulness!
Loading awesome signature

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-zone View Post
Okey thanks for the answer. And no, I didn't get any cold feet , but big thanks anyway for your helpfulness!
No problem. Happy to be of service.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
Tags
odin