Atrix HD Bricked? HELP lil ol me out :)

OP chachagurl05

26th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
So i think i may have bricked my Atrix HD it has a locked bootloader form att............ i hooked it up to mythtools and i think i messed it up,no charge no light turning on and computer is recognizing it as QHSUSB..... i was thinking u cant brick a phone unless its unlocked?....PLEASE HELP ME....just got new battery
Last edited by chachagurl05; 27th April 2014 at 04:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chachagurl05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 110

369 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

WARNING: BESURE YOU ARE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER BEFORE FLASHING/DOWNGRADING FIRMWARE!

It's nearly 11 months since the last update v1.2. Now I will introduce the new version of Myth Tools with a big improvement.
Thanks to all your comments which helps me to complete the features of Myth Tools. All feedbacks are always welcome.

Please read instruction carefully before using. Thank you.

BR,

DK

@chachagurl05

I am not very familiar with Myth Tools but my #1 rule when it comes to XDA is "Read Everything" and this is the very first thing on their thread, it says, "BE SURE YOU ARE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER BEFORE FLASHING..." -- It really can't be much more explicit than that.

With regards to saving your device, my recommendation would be to try to unlock your bootloader if you still can. If you're able to boot to the bootloader (from powered-off state hold down power+vol up+vol down) then you may be able to salvage the device. Make sure you read all of the instructions that come with the unlocking tool because when it comes to these types of tools, it is very important that you educate yourself before you go and fiddle around with the software because if you don't know what you're doing, it's very easy to end up with a brick on your hands. I'm very sorry that you had to learn that the hard way (we've all been there) but I'm sure it will be a valuable lesson that you take with you for next time. Here is the link to the bootloader unlocking tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2226504

Feel free to PM me if you need help and I will do my best to answer any questions that you have, or you can ask your questions right here in this thread!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparkplugDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplugDev

@chachagurl05

I am not very familiar with Myth Tools but my #1 rule when it comes to XDA is "Read Everything" and this is the very first thing on their thread, it says, "BE SURE YOU ARE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER BEFORE FLASHING..." -- It really can't be much more explicit than that.

With regards to saving your device, my recommendation would be to try to unlock your bootloader if you still can. If you're able to boot to the bootloader (from powered-off state hold down power+vol up+vol down) then you may be able to salvage the device. Make sure you read all of the instructions that come with the unlocking tool because when it comes to these types of tools, it is very important that you educate yourself before you go and fiddle around with the software because if you don't know what you're doing, it's very easy to end up with a brick on your hands. I'm very sorry that you had to learn that the hard way (we've all been there) but I'm sure it will be a valuable lesson that you take with you for next time. Here is the link to the bootloader unlocking tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2226504

Feel free to PM me if you need help and I will do my best to answer any questions that you have, or you can ask your questions right here in this thread!

Thanks for your response yea i totally get it . The phone came on now its in sticky bit and its still locked . once again thank you for responding YOUR THE BEST DOLLFACE now just to figure out how to get this bad boy running...
The Following User Says Thank You to chachagurl05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 990

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplugDev

@chachagurl05

Nice explaination
The Following User Says Thank You to devilsking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Deltona
Thanks Meter: 819

1,935 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

Nice explaination