Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat Tracking

Tip us?

jewbydoo
Old
(Last edited by jewbydoo; 1st May 2014 at 03:22 PM.) Reason: Correcting link
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default KitKat Tracking

I've been finding a bunch of posts regarding when the Razr HD will be getting KitKat. We have been waiting a while, so I figured I'd make a tracking thread so everyone can know when KitKat is finally released.

The last piece of information we have really gotten came from David Schuster, senior director at Motorola Mobility in Illinois.

This post alone sparked a great many Android articles... Needlessly so, IMO

One G+ post fed:

Android Central
Into Mobile
Softpedia
Phone Arena
DroidLife

Seems I'm not the only one starving for some news.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jewbydoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Endiadi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
me too I'd like to know when we'll receive kitkat...a question, i'm from Italy but i purchased my razr hd in Uk.
My version is 98.21.22003.xt925.CEE-Retail.en.EU..Will I receive the upgrade as well or the release is only for Verizon users?

ATTACK
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,618
David Schuster did say a couple of days ago that the "M and HD are in Verizon labs currently". And that "Labs" can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
It's in the same Google+ post linked in the OP. It's toward the bottom of the comments.
MOTOROLA DROID RAZR M [SCORPION MINI] - STOCK 4.4.2 - AOSPIFIED
SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS [TORO] - SHINY ROM 4.4.4 - DIRTY.V-SR KERNEL
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 [T210R] - STOCK 4.4.2
DEV-HOST

legend221
Old
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Endiadi View Post
me too I'd like to know when we'll receive kitkat...a question, i'm from Italy but i purchased my razr hd in Uk.
My version is 98.21.22003.xt925.CEE-Retail.en.EU..Will I receive the upgrade as well or the release is only for Verizon users?
Here is the official Motorola website to confirm this status: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...JMY3ptUUpDbCJ9

sent from my xt926 Droid RAZR HD flashed with Nexesque v3.6 - Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2510965
Currently Using: Motorola RAZR HD
Rom: [ROM][XT926] Nexesque v3.6 - Battery Friendly, Fast, Stable and Smooth - Click Here

**** If I've helped you or appreciate my contribution to the Android scene, feel free to thank me ****

neyes
Old
(Last edited by neyes; 1st May 2014 at 10:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK View Post
David Schuster did say a couple of days ago that the "M and HD are in Verizon labs currently". And that "Labs" can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
It's in the same Google+ post linked in the OP. It's toward the bottom of the comments.
It still isn't clear weather a completed version is in their labs for testing and approval OR Moto's version was submitted to them for them to add bloat, test, fix, test, add more bloat, test, etc. I think once Verizon puts out a soak with their junk on it, then we may be getting truly close.

* This is only my interpretation on how this process is working and may be wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to neyes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ATTACK
Old
(Last edited by ATTACK; 2nd May 2014 at 02:27 AM.) Reason: DERP...
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyes View Post
It still isn't clear weather a completed version is in their labs for testing and approval OR Moto's version was submitted to them for them to add bloat, test, fix, test, add more bloat, test, etc. I think once Verizon puts out a soak with their junk on it, then we may be getting truly close.

* This is only my interpretation on how this process is working and may be wrong.
https://opennetwork.verizonwireless....Certified.aspx
Typically "labs" is the end of the line, unless there's a problem with the Software / Hardware on Verizon's Network.
MOTOROLA DROID RAZR M [SCORPION MINI] - STOCK 4.4.2 - AOSPIFIED
SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS [TORO] - SHINY ROM 4.4.4 - DIRTY.V-SR KERNEL
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 [T210R] - STOCK 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zachariahpope
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Definitely coming this month.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-02-17-28-34.png
Views:	1032
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	2722159
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zachariahpope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jldr
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Haha you can tell by his tone that he's like "Seriously, get off my back about it.'

neyes
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachariahpope View Post
Definitely coming this month.Attachment 2722159
You and Dave buds or what?

zachariahpope
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyes View Post
You and Dave buds or what?
Haha something like that!... lets just say im responsible for his "few more weeks" post!