FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

KitKat Tracking

1st May 2014, 03:20 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
I've been finding a bunch of posts regarding when the Razr HD will be getting KitKat. We have been waiting a while, so I figured I'd make a tracking thread so everyone can know when KitKat is finally released.

The last piece of information we have really gotten came from David Schuster, senior director at Motorola Mobility in Illinois.

This post alone sparked a great many Android articles... Needlessly so, IMO

One G+ post fed:

Android Central
Into Mobile
Softpedia
Phone Arena
DroidLife

Seems I'm not the only one starving for some news.
Last edited by jewbydoo; 1st May 2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Correcting link
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jewbydoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
1st May 2014, 04:37 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
me too I'd like to know when we'll receive kitkat...a question, i'm from Italy but i purchased my razr hd in Uk.
My version is 98.21.22003.xt925.CEE-Retail.en.EU..Will I receive the upgrade as well or the release is only for Verizon users?
1st May 2014, 05:27 PM |#3  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,916
 
More
David Schuster did say a couple of days ago that the "M and HD are in Verizon labs currently". And that "Labs" can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
It's in the same Google+ post linked in the OP. It's toward the bottom of the comments.
1st May 2014, 05:51 PM |#4  
legend221's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anywhere and Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Endiadi

me too I'd like to know when we'll receive kitkat...a question, i'm from Italy but i purchased my razr hd in Uk.
My version is 98.21.22003.xt925.CEE-Retail.en.EU..Will I receive the upgrade as well or the release is only for Verizon users?

Here is the official Motorola website to confirm this status: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...JMY3ptUUpDbCJ9

sent from my xt926 Droid RAZR HD flashed with Nexesque v3.6 - Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2510965
1st May 2014, 10:50 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK

David Schuster did say a couple of days ago that the "M and HD are in Verizon labs currently". And that "Labs" can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
It's in the same Google+ post linked in the OP. It's toward the bottom of the comments.

It still isn't clear weather a completed version is in their labs for testing and approval OR Moto's version was submitted to them for them to add bloat, test, fix, test, add more bloat, test, etc. I think once Verizon puts out a soak with their junk on it, then we may be getting truly close.

* This is only my interpretation on how this process is working and may be wrong.
Last edited by neyes; 1st May 2014 at 10:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to neyes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 11:17 PM |#6  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,916
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyes

It still isn't clear weather a completed version is in their labs for testing and approval OR Moto's version was submitted to them for them to add bloat, test, fix, test, add more bloat, test, etc. I think once Verizon puts out a soak with their junk on it, then we may be getting truly close.

* This is only my interpretation on how this process is working and may be wrong.

https://opennetwork.verizonwireless....Certified.aspx
Typically "labs" is the end of the line, unless there's a problem with the Software / Hardware on Verizon's Network.
Last edited by ATTACK; 2nd May 2014 at 02:27 AM. Reason: DERP...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:29 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Definitely coming this month.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-02-17-28-34.png
Views:	1050
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	2722159
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zachariahpope For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:56 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Haha you can tell by his tone that he's like "Seriously, get off my back about it.'
2nd May 2014, 11:51 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachariahpope

Definitely coming this month.Attachment 2722159

You and Dave buds or what?
3rd May 2014, 12:02 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyes

You and Dave buds or what?

Haha something like that!... lets just say im responsible for his "few more weeks" post!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD General by ThreadRank