[Q] Where from get note 2014 in UK?

Search This thread

seventhworl

Apr 20, 2013
Hi guys, planning to buy one in near future and was wondering where is good place to buy online? Was looking at amazon (32gb WiFi, in black) but seems that 4g version is for same price or little higher then WiFi? Why? Also I am not sure about warranty...

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Hi guys, planning to buy one in near future and was wondering where is good place to buy online? Was looking at amazon (32gb WiFi, in black) but seems that 4g version is for same price or little higher then WiFi? Why? Also I am not sure about warranty...

Thanks for your time.

Why are you looking at 32gb? Just put a micro SD card in and your sorted. In regard to warranty, as long as its an original tablet your buying and not a fake it will have the normal Samsung Warranty.

4g version, P605 will cost more around £460.
WiFi only, around £400

Look around on ebay, amazon, they seem to be the cheapest right now. Should have got it around christmas when the prices went down for a bit, got mine for £300, brand new! :p

Reactions: seventhworl

seventhworl

Apr 20, 2013
Why are you looking at 32gb? Just put a micro SD card in and your sorted. In regard to warranty, as long as its an original tablet your buying and not a fake it will have the normal Samsung Warranty.

WiFi only, around £400

Look around on ebay, amazon, they seem to be the cheapest right now. Should have got it around christmas when the prices went down for a bit, got mine for £300, brand new! :p

£300 wow, great price, yeah I will check amazon from time to time, yeah 16gb would be enough. I might be wrong but is 605 still running on 4:3?

Ebay seems to be good source too but most of them are from us, do you think is a good idea to import one from there?

flathunt

Jul 26, 2011
London
I got a 32Gb for just under £400 from Expansys, delivered next day - I went for 32Gb as I had a 16Gb with KitKat (which broke and was returned) and that 16Gb only left about 4Gb to play with after a few apps were installed. That will get you a couple of iPlayer downloads or Google Play movies at best and then you're stuffed. With KitKat the SDcard is just a dumping ground for media files, most apps won't let you download content onto it. I'm sure it can be fixed by rooting but life's too short for all that imo.

http://www.expansys.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition-wi-fi-32gb-black-256018/

Last edited:

Skinhead1967

Feb 23, 2014

Thanks for your time.

I didn't want a 32Gb Wi-Fi version, as my tablet is to be used both home & away, so I was left with no option to go for the 4G/LTE version, which I couldn't get anywhere in the UK.

I therefore resorted to an import from HK, after much searching one of the best deals I found was from T-dimension and with insured delivery & VAT, it cost me £465. Of course it's a HK/Chinese machine, but I resolved that by downloading a firmware which was meant to be a BTU (UK) firmware, but in reality is a PHE (Spanish) one (I'd still like to find a way of changing the CSC code without rooting), but it works perfectly and it didn't trip KNOX either. :good:

seventhworl

Apr 20, 2013
I got a 32Gb for just under £400 from Expansys, delivered next day - I went for 32Gb as I had a 16Gb with KitKat (which broke and was returned) and that 16Gb only left about 4Gb to play with after a few apps were installed. That will get you a couple of iPlayer downloads or Google Play movies at best and then you're stuffed. With KitKat the SDcard is just a dumping ground for media files, most apps won't let you download content onto it. I'm sure it can be fixed by rooting but life's too short for all that imo.

http://www.expansys.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition-wi-fi-32gb-black-256018/

thanks for info guys, I am not planning to root it until warranty is over anyway. I only want WiFi as I am planning to use threatening from my phone.

I was thinking about buying from expansys, just wondering do the provide warranty? Or tablet has manufacturer warranty? and how is their customer service as from what I read didnt sound very good?

Skinhead1967

Feb 23, 2014
thanks for info guys, I am not planning to root it until warranty is over anyway. I only want WiFi as I am planning to use threatening from my phone.

I was thinking about buying from expansys, just wondering do the provide warranty? Or tablet has manufacturer warranty? and how is their customer service as from what I read didnt sound very good?

Here's your answer: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla..._e/claiming_under_a_guarantee_or_warranty.htm

Please note: If you live in Wales, Scotland or NI, you may need to use the drop down menu as it subtly alters your consumer rights.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for your time.

WiFi only, around £400

Thanks for your time.

I didn't want a 32Gb Wi-Fi version, as my tablet is to be used both home & away, so I was left with no option to go for the 4G/LTE version, which I couldn't get anywhere in the UK.

I therefore resorted to an import from HK, after much searching one of the best deals I found was from T-dimension and with insured delivery & VAT, it cost me £465. Of course it's a HK/Chinese machine, but I resolved that by downloading a firmware which was meant to be a BTU (UK) firmware, but in reality is a PHE (Spanish) one (I'd still like to find a way of changing the CSC code without rooting), but it works perfectly and it didn't trip KNOX either. :good:

Here's your answer: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla..._e/claiming_under_a_guarantee_or_warranty.htm

Please note: If you live in Wales, Scotland or NI, you may need to use the drop down menu as it subtly alters your consumer rights.