Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more
Post Reply

[Q] How to actually modify the file hex-address once the particular offset is known?

2nd May 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Hello XDA,

I am trying to figure this our from a week now. I searched everywhere and got no where and thought should finally post about it. If anybody would help me in this. I would appreciate it so much.

This is about modifying the hex. I found the particular hex-address for "coins" in one of the game. Once that hex address is modified, it would change the value of coins in the game. Therefore, I wanted to modify the apk as whole, so when anybody who downloaded and installed that apk for the first time, they could get the modified value since beginning. Hope you are getting me here.

Therefore, for this, I downloaded the apk, extracted the lib.so with winrar and edited with Hex-workshop. Now I am confused. I know the particular hex-address. It is this: 78373e8, but whenever I paste it and search in entire file, I can't find it. But I can only find till: 78373. How shall I know it is the one and how shall I actually modify its value?

Can someone good at this, please solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.
2nd May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586
 
1,855 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid-O-Droid

Hello XDA,

I am trying to figure this our from a week now. I searched everywhere and got no where and thought should finally post about it. If anybody would help me in this. I would appreciate it so much.

This is about modifying the hex. I found the particular hex-address for "coins" in one of the game. Once that hex address is modified, it would change the value of coins in the game. Therefore, I wanted to modify the apk as whole, so when anybody who downloaded and installed that apk for the first time, they could get the modified value since beginning. Hope you are getting me here.

Therefore, for this, I downloaded the apk, extracted the lib.so with winrar and edited with Hex-workshop. Now I am confused. I know the particular hex-address. It is this: 78373e8, but whenever I paste it and search in entire file, I can't find it. But I can only find till: 78373. How shall I know it is the one and how shall I actually modify its value?

Can someone good at this, please solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.


Using cheats for mobile games ?!?!?!

Which Hex editor do you use to modify the values?
2nd May 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Using cheats for mobile games ?!?!?!

Which Hex editor do you use to modify the values?

Yes. As I said, Hex-workshop.
2nd May 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586
 
1,855 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid-O-Droid

Yes. As I said, Hex-workshop.

Try HxD. LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Try HxD. LINK

Yes, thank you. I had tried that too. I just want to know with these tools, knowing the hex of certain function (like coins) already, how can you actually navigate to that particular (known) hex and modify it.

Hmm.. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say. I am sorry if I cannot make it clearer enough.
2nd May 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #6  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 586
 
1,855 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid-O-Droid

Yes, thank you. I had tried that too. I just want to know with these tools, knowing the hex of certain function (like coins) already, how can you actually navigate to that particular (known) hex and modify it.

Hmm.. I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say. I am sorry if I cannot make it clearer enough.


Press "SEARCH" button ?!
2nd May 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Press "SEARCH" button ?!

Thanks.
3rd May 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Bump. Couldn't still figure it out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank