Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,053 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGH-T959P Roms

Tip us?

Maxlaplante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SGH-T959P Roms

Hey guys!

Anyone know if there is some roms/kernels for our SGH-T959P yet and if so, where I can find them?! Seems that there is no love for you model

Max

Japots
Old
Thanks Meter 7
is that the telus fascinate 4g?

Maxlaplante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes it is the telus fascinate 4G from Canada.. You can help me?

Thanks,
Max

Sent from my SGH-T959P using XDA App

Japots
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm on a T959D (Fascinate 3G+), so unfortunately I can't help you. I'd just like to point out that there's no custom rom specific for our device as well (T959D). We instead use i9000 roms. There are some kernels specific for our device, but the i9000-ones work just as well (after a button fix)

I'd suggest trying out an i9000 rom, but since I'm not aware of the existence of stock rom/kernel files for the 4G phone, I'm not sure how safe it is

Maxlaplante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah.. Im scared to bricked the phone so i will just wait till a rom come out for my specific phone. Thanks for the reply.

Max

Sent from my SGH-T959P using XDA App

msheikh25
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Still waiting on a Rom or instructions on how to use another models ROM without bricking for our t959p also. I've had the phone about a month and it was fine at first, but now touchwiz is starting to get a little laggy

Japots
Old
(Last edited by Japots; 22nd August 2011 at 03:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by msheikh25 View Post
Still waiting on a Rom or instructions on how to use another models ROM without bricking for our t959p also. I've had the phone about a month and it was fine at first, but now touchwiz is starting to get a little laggy
switch to launcher pro (free)
you can change the dock icons to touchwiz ones if you like the color. my only gripe with it is that the dock buttons are tiny compared to touchwiz. but the interface is overall faster and less-choppy than touchwiz 3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Japots For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msheikh25
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japots View Post
switch to launcher pro (free)
you can change the dock icons to touchwiz ones if you like the color. my only gripe with it is that the dock buttons are tiny compared to touchwiz. but the interface is overall faster and less-choppy than touchwiz 3.0
Thanks! Just tried launcher pro and it seems really good. Previously I had tried ADW launcher but that one was even more choppy than Touchwiz so i reverted back to it. But launcher pro seems like it has all the customizations of ADW and works nice and smoothly.

vcmerritt
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Unbrick and Flash T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G firmware to T959P with Voodoo

Well, I bricked my T959P on Friday and by this morning I had it converted to a T-Mobile T959V Galaxy S 4G. Everything works too...wifi, GPS. Only real issue is it only gives me 3G in canada .... I am assuming because of a frequency difference or something in the modem firmware.

PM me if someone would like the rar file containing the instructions and all flash files. I am hoping someone posts the stock Telus kernel so I can experiment more with taking the phone back but I could not get root on my Telus Kernel so didn't have a proper backup of all files. Hopefully someone will post them but in the mean time I am enjoying a Telus T959P Fascinate 4G with T-Mobile Rooted firmware on it.

---------- Post added 20th September 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th September 2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

I just did the unlock of the Telus T959P after recovering it from a brick using the nvram backup technique and then copied the backup to my computer. The code is in clear text on the T959P as well :) I am now at T-Mobile 2.3.4 KH2 with Voodoo and have a fully unlocked Telus T959P. Not a bad end result to some hard days.
The Following User Says Thank You to vcmerritt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msheikh25
Old
(Last edited by msheikh25; 20th September 2011 at 04:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmerritt View Post
Well, I bricked my T959P on Friday and by this morning I had it converted to a T-Mobile T959V Galaxy S 4G. Everything works too...wifi, GPS. Only real issue is it only gives me 3G in canada .... I am assuming because of a frequency difference or something in the modem firmware.

PM me if someone would like the rar file containing the instructions and all flash files. I am hoping someone posts the stock Telus kernel so I can experiment more with taking the phone back but I could not get root on my Telus Kernel so didn't have a proper backup of all files. Hopefully someone will post them but in the mean time I am enjoying a Telus T959P Fascinate 4G with T-Mobile Rooted firmware on it.

---------- Post added 20th September 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th September 2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

I just did the unlock of the Telus T959P after recovering it from a brick using the nvram backup technique and then copied the backup to my computer. The code is in clear text on the T959P as well :) I am now at T-Mobile 2.3.4 KH2 with Voodoo and have a fully unlocked Telus T959P. Not a bad end result to some hard days.
So you are still on Telus in canada but now only getting 3g on it vs 4g like you were before you convereted it to Tmobile? How do you verify that, just by the speeds you are getting or are you not seeing one of the 850 or 1900 bands anymore? I don't think the phone actually shows "4G" in the status bar as far as I know. But I'm actually using the phone on ATT in the US (which uses the same bands as Telus) so maybe thats why I never see "4g". But I've gotten speeds as high as 7mb download which is about as fast as my wife's ATT branded HTC Inspire 4g gets.

Can you post the instructions and files for how you converted here so others can play around with it too? Hopefully this can be a good start to getting roms working on this phone. The Tmobile version is already more widely supported so what you did is a good way to get around it.