Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 39,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install apps to SD card

Tip us?

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How to install apps to SD card

Okay, well I posted this thread in the wrong place.. so im wondering if it can be moved to here or not.. but here is my original thread.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738172

Help would be appreciated please..

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
really? no one can help me make it so my apps start to install to my sd card from now on? Ive tried using adb to change the install directory.. not seem to be working, idk.. please help though :/

Naddict
Old
Thanks Meter 13,802
Moved to Q and A, and request OP not to bump threads within twenty four hours, and probably best to be humble in your bumps too, you are asking for help from others, so be nice

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
no one? :/

Vaibhav Chauhan
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewpy View Post
really? no one can help me make it so my apps start to install to my sd card from now on? Ive tried using adb to change the install directory.. not seem to be working, idk.. please help though :/
use move2sd app
PHONE;- Samsung galaxy s duos gt-s7562
BASEBAND VERSION:- S7562DDBMJ1
BUILD NO:- IMM76I.S7562XXBMJ1

Guides by me

...PRESS THANKS IF I HELP YOU...

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan View Post
use move2sd app
Ive tried it.. it says my external or internal memory is emulatted or something and that my sd card shares the same disk with os? idk what this mean.. i was told to use Link2SD or something instead of move2sd.. and I tried that as well, and couldnt seem to get it to work.. I used Aparted and partitioned my sd card, before hand as well.. maybe im doing something wrong? Anyone know of a tutorial for using aparted/link2sd?

AshIndigo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewpy View Post
Ive tried it.. it says my external or internal memory is emulatted or something and that my sd card shares the same disk with os? idk what this mean.. i was told to use Link2SD or something instead of move2sd.. and I tried that as well, and couldnt seem to get it to work.. I used Aparted and partitioned my sd card, before hand as well.. maybe im doing something wrong? Anyone know of a tutorial for using aparted/link2sd?
Looks like you got an lg phone which has an sd card emulated by your system. Try rom toolbox lite to change install location.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshIndigo View Post
Looks like you got an lg phone which has an sd card emulated by your system. Try rom toolbox lite to change install location.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app
does doing it through rom toolbox work better then doing it through adb? cause I used adb to set install location to external, but that didnt seem to work , unless i did it wrong. but I checked the install location after and it said it was set to external

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay i set it to external through rom tool box, but when i install an app, my sd card is still empty.

bewpy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay, well I figured out how to get my problem fixed using ROM Toolbox.. I didnt change the default install destination. I made a script that runs on boot that just basically uses my SD card for internal and external both. So now my apps install to my external.

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
mount -o bind /data/media /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
chmod 777 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
This works for the LG Optimus L9 LGMS769