Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to install apps to SD card

OP bewpy

2nd May 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Okay, well I posted this thread in the wrong place.. so im wondering if it can be moved to here or not.. but here is my original thread.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738172

Help would be appreciated please..
2nd May 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
really? no one can help me make it so my apps start to install to my sd card from now on? Ive tried using adb to change the install directory.. not seem to be working, idk.. please help though :/
2nd May 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #3  
Naddict's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,811
 
8,467 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Moved to Q and A, and request OP not to bump threads within twenty four hours, and probably best to be humble in your bumps too, you are asking for help from others, so be nice
3rd May 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
no one? :/
3rd May 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #5  
Vaibhav Chauhan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 140
 
767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewpy

really? no one can help me make it so my apps start to install to my sd card from now on? Ive tried using adb to change the install directory.. not seem to be working, idk.. please help though :/

use move2sd app
3rd May 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

use move2sd app

Ive tried it.. it says my external or internal memory is emulatted or something and that my sd card shares the same disk with os? idk what this mean.. i was told to use Link2SD or something instead of move2sd.. and I tried that as well, and couldnt seem to get it to work.. I used Aparted and partitioned my sd card, before hand as well.. maybe im doing something wrong? Anyone know of a tutorial for using aparted/link2sd?
3rd May 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewpy

Ive tried it.. it says my external or internal memory is emulatted or something and that my sd card shares the same disk with os? idk what this mean.. i was told to use Link2SD or something instead of move2sd.. and I tried that as well, and couldnt seem to get it to work.. I used Aparted and partitioned my sd card, before hand as well.. maybe im doing something wrong? Anyone know of a tutorial for using aparted/link2sd?

Looks like you got an lg phone which has an sd card emulated by your system. Try rom toolbox lite to change install location.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshIndigo

Looks like you got an lg phone which has an sd card emulated by your system. Try rom toolbox lite to change install location.

Sent from my LG-P760 using XDA Free mobile app

does doing it through rom toolbox work better then doing it through adb? cause I used adb to set install location to external, but that didnt seem to work , unless i did it wrong. but I checked the install location after and it said it was set to external
3rd May 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Okay i set it to external through rom tool box, but when i install an app, my sd card is still empty.
3rd May 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Okay, well I figured out how to get my problem fixed using ROM Toolbox.. I didnt change the default install destination. I made a script that runs on boot that just basically uses my SD card for internal and external both. So now my apps install to my external.

Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:61 /mnt/sdcard
mount -o bind /data/media /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
chmod 777 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
This works for the LG Optimus L9 LGMS769

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes