[Q] Need urgent help !!! Unbrick, Kernel, Recovery

Search This thread

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Hello friends,
I need urgent help !!!

Yesterday one of my very close friend gave me his Note to upgrade to JB (he was on ICS. LF4 if I remember correct)

So I did following :
1. Downloaded couple of Custom ROMs and PhilZ 6.26.6 on to his phone (External SD)
2. Tried to boot into Recovery and voila.....his HOME button is not working. Anyways I booted and adb reboot recovery
3. Then I flashed PhilZ and it flashed successfully. Since I couldn't boot into Recovery without Home button I did Reboot System.
4. Stuck in N7000 Blackscreen and adb shows Device Offline

What I am planning to do now
1. Put device to DOWNLOAD mode through USB JIG
2. Flash Stock JB (Here's 2nd problem - download links are not working for Stock JB at least not Indian one :( Can somebody with fast internet plz upload it on dev host or Mediafire and share with us. Thanks !!! )
3. Reboot into Recovery and flash PhilZ
4. Flash Custom ROM

Am I doing things right? Is my direction correct?
I would still prefer if I somehow could boot in current OS, put some Custom Recovery and flash Custom ROM. Saving Stock ROM flash path and ODIN.

Plz help and advise !!!!!
Thanks !!!

You installed a kernel that doesn't fit to ICS. So it's no suprise the system doesn't boot. Install an ICS kernel and at least the system should start again.
And after that: give it back to your friend and let him repair the home button first. Don't risk being the fool who ruined his device.

Update: just read again and saw that right now you don't get a connect with adb. So yes, it seems to be the only solution to install an stock rom with Odin. After that I still would give it back for repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: silentvisitor

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
You installed a kernel that doesn't fit to ICS. So it's no suprise the system doesn't boot. Install an ICS kernel and at least the system should start again.
And after that: give it back to your friend and let him repair the home button first. Don't risk being the fool who ruined his device.

Update: just read again and saw that right now you don't get a connect with adb. So yes, it seems to be the only solution to install an stock rom with Odin. After that I still would give it back for repair.
Can you give me link for safe ICS kernel ? Will this work http://www.mediafire.com/download/32ik5mg6bgg8q1d/PhilZ-cwm6-XXLRK-XEU-3.99.tar.md5
I need to boot in the current OS once to take backup of EFS (I heard JB wiped off EFS of few).

Thanks for coming forward to help !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes this is an ICS kernel with Philz recovery. Should work and give you the chance to reboot into the OS.
    And a backup of EFS is a very good idea (after a repair in Thailand I'm using a developer imei).

Good luck.