Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to enable unknown source ?

Tip us?

fbifido
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to enable unknown source ?

Hi,

I just loaded Showbox to my FTV, and the app needs to be updated, but I don't know how to enable unknown sources on this box.

Can this be done with the ADB command line.

or Can I copy the one from my android phone and use it, How can I backup my android apps to my pc?

Spelvin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Unfortunately, enabling unknown sources is not currently an option for us. Once its rooted, we should get that ability.

stanggman75
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbifido View Post
Hi,

I just loaded Showbox to my FTV, and the app needs to be updated, but I don't know how to enable unknown sources on this box.

Can this be done with the ADB command line.

or Can I copy the one from my android phone and use it, How can I backup my android apps to my pc?
I upgraded the one on my phone, deleted the one on FTV and sideloaded the new updated apk. This worked but I had to re-ad all my favorites to my library.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stanggman75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

endwhysee.bk
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanggman75 View Post
I upgraded the one on my phone, deleted the one on FTV and sideloaded the new updated apk. This worked but I had to re-ad all my favorites to my library.
Nice Idea . .. Shouldve thought of that.Lol.. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

JohnnyPrimus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Now that root is out this can be done by editing settings.db. Instructions in this post.

rsohne
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I'm hardly an expert at adb but if you do the install line " adb install -r filename.apk it will install over the previous app and retain all settings. That's how I update my XBMC.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
"They who would give up essential liberty,to purchase a little temporary safety,deserve neither liberty or safety."

Benjamin Franklin
The Following User Says Thank You to rsohne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]