Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Flashing N7100 roms on N7105

OP glennlevi

2nd May 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

142 posts
Hi All,

I tried flashing DN3 on N7105 (I just searched dn3 in search box, and I clicked on the wrong link), and it booted up. Everything was working fine except the mobile connection. If I flash an N7105 modem, will it fix the problem? Or is flashing N7100 roms on N7105 just totally impossible?

I really want to get DN3 to work, the s5 theme looks totally awesome. The DN3 for N7105 is totally outdated, and so are many of the custom roms on the dev section.

Thanks.
2nd May 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 67

272 posts
More
I am surprised it even booted I've been told no way, not sure on the modem I guess it can't hurt, keep us updated.
Cheers
John

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
2nd May 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake65

I am surprised it even booted I've been told no way, not sure on the modem I guess it can't hurt, keep us updated.
Cheers
John

You basically just asked me to risk my phone just to see if it will work haha. And I was the one asking questions XD
Can anybody who tried this tell us the results? Thanks.
2nd May 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 67

272 posts
More
From what I read you already flashed it (7100 rom) and it booted so it was you who risked your phone.,I was saying I can't see trying the 7105 modem would hurt.
Cheers
Oh don't 4 get to let me know. 😎

3rd May 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 386

656 posts
More
Never mind if things are outdated. Your model is not as popular as the N7100 so development will of course be slower.
Suggest you go back to your old rom (hopefully you made a nandroid backup or something)... or reflash it... before you really mess up your phone.
Things just aren't going to work properly for you.
Patience is a virtue.
3rd May 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #6  
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 3,387

3,667 posts
More
If you have flashed a n7100 rom you will lose baseband and no modem or anything will bring it back. All n7100 roms work on our device but you are left with a wifi tablet. If your nandriod doesn't restore baseband you might have to flash stock with odin. I'd make sure you can get your baseband back first

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
18th May 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
It doesn't hurt to try flashing DN3 v5 on a N7105. I mean, I've tried it with my N7105T (N7105 roms work flawlessly), which had no luck in getting a proper baseband. You can always get your baseband back with an official firmware, but just to safe, back it up with CWM.

I've tried flashing the official N7105 kitkat firmware (4.4.2). Backed up efs and modem. Flashed DN3 v5. Restored both efs and modem. No luck in restoring signal. Baseband was still unknown

We'll just have to wait for the electron team to release the rom on N7105. Heard they started it some time ago.
18th May 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
This happened to me too. I didn't manage to get LTE/4G to work with only flashing a new modem or baseband. I needed to flasha whole new rom. Maybe I did something wrong.
18th May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 3,387

3,667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_ken

This happened to me too. I didn't manage to get LTE/4G to work with only flashing a new modem or baseband. I needed to flasha whole new rom. Maybe I did something wrong.

Nope it's Samsung fault. They moved a lot of stuff in 4.3 and 4.4 especially libs.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor

Nope it's Samsung fault. They moved a lot of stuff in 4.3 and 4.4 especially libs.

Oh. Nice to know. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny_ken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread