[Q] Signal drops when on a call with any kitkat rom

OP timekillerj

1st May 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

63 posts
I am having a weird issue with my S4 running any Rom past 4.2. When I make a call, the signal indicator changes to the circle with a line through it. The call stays connected, but no data transfer is possible. Any attempt to access the internet results in an error. But the call stays connected just fine. Once I end the call the signal eventually comes back and I can use the phone as normal. If I try to make a call before the signal comes back I get an error (even though I was just on the phone). Rebooting the phone seems to make the signal come back faster.

Any 4.2 rom does not have this issue.

Anyone have any ideas?
1st May 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #2  
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 154

578 posts
More
What baseband are you running?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Kriptik210 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriptik210

what baseband are you running?

Sent from my sgh-m919 using xda premium 4 mobile app

m919uvuamdl
1st May 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 773

2,353 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekillerj

m919uvuamdl

You need to update it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

63 posts
Yeah, just found that I need M919UVUFNB4 apparently. Will try that and report back. Thanks.
1st May 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #6  
Crystal River

578 posts
More
Here is a good DL link if you have any problems.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579299

Just ODIN from PC twice and you are good

1st May 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

63 posts
Somehow the new baseband has made things MUCH worse. The phone is completely unusable now. It is EXTREMELY laggy. no sounds from screen touches at all. It didn't even do the t-mobile jingle on boot. When I try to make a phone call, the other phone rings before the S4 leaves the "dialing" screen. Talking doesn't work, no voice gets through in either direction. I would never expect this from a modem flash.

I can confirm on the about screen the new baseband is M919UVUFNB4

I tried wiping the phone, thinking somehow it needed to "start fresh" with the new modem. That did not help. Then I tried reflashing Fenny's 4.4.2 Stock ROM (same rom I was running before). Nothing helps.

What the heck is going on?!?
1st May 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #8  
Crystal River

578 posts
More
Quote:

Somehow the new baseband has made things MUCH worse. The phone is completely unusable now. It is EXTREMELY laggy. no sounds from screen touches at all. It didn't even do the t-mobile jingle on boot. When I try to make a phone call, the other phone rings before the S4 leaves the "dialing" screen. Talking doesn't work, no voice gets through in either direction. I would never expect this from a modem flash.

I tried wiping the phone, thinking somehow it needed to "start fresh" with the new modem. That did not help. Then I tried reflashing Fenny's 4.4.2 Stock ROM (same rom I was running before). Nothing helps.

What all did you do?

1st May 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 4,411

6,852 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sounds like you installed the NB4 LTE modem as well. (NON-HLOS) i think is the name. You only need to instal the actual modem as the LTE modem will do exactly what you are experiencing
2nd May 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Sounds like you installed the NB4 LTE modem as well. (NON-HLOS) i think is the name. You only need to instal the actual modem as the LTE modem will do exactly what you are experiencing

You are exactly right. The modem tarball I downloaded had both, so I flashed both (woops!). I just finally got myself sorted out. Had to flash back to factory 4.2, re-root, install TWRP, re-flash 4.4.2, then flash the modem.bin (several times before it took). But! All my problems are resolved.

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread