Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xoom does not start

Tip us?

cyaclone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Xoom does not start

Stock Xoom does not start when on charge or on battery alone.

Was working fine yesterday, but when trying to start it today and nothing happened. Put it on charge and still no response.

Need your suggestions on what to do next or is the next step to buy another tablet?

Domunus
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyaclone View Post
Stock Xoom does not start when on charge or on battery alone.

Was working fine yesterday, but when trying to start it today and nothing happened. Put it on charge and still no response.

Need your suggestions on what to do next or is the next step to buy another tablet?
Try to reset by holding up on the volume rocker and the power button together.

cyaclone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domunus View Post
Try to reset by holding up on the volume rocker and the power button together.
Just got into the house and tried your suggestion and it was successful............all is working. Thank you for your response.

smungai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyaclone View Post
Just got into the house and tried your suggestion and it was successful............all is working. Thank you for your response.
Experienced the same problem: Xoom with reasonable charge left, left alone either overnight or for an hour, attempt to wake but no response. Plugging in charger, white light doesn't come on but the Vol Up + Power trick wakes it.
Any ideas why this is happening? I'm running Omni ROM v.20140321 on Xoom WiFi.

Domunus
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by smungai View Post
Experienced the same problem: Xoom with reasonable charge left, left alone either overnight or for an hour, attempt to wake but no response. Plugging in charger, white light doesn't come on but the Vol Up + Power trick wakes it.
Any ideas why this is happening? I'm running Omni ROM v.20140321 on Xoom WiFi.
I had that same problem as i believe quite a few do with Omnirom. I simply flashed the original elemental kernel instead of staying with the built in slightly modified elemental kernel the omni rom uses and it has stopped.

smungai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I had that same problem as i believe quite a few do with Omnirom. I simply flashed the original elemental kernel instead of staying with the built in slightly modified elemental kernel the omni rom uses and it has stopped.
Many thanks for the tip. Should I flash the latest Elemental Kernel ElementalX-Xoom-2.1 or one of the earlier versions? If the earlier version, please specify.

Domunus
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Many thanks for the tip. Should I flash the latest Elemental Kernel ElementalX-Xoom-2.1 or one of the earlier versions? If the earlier version, please specify.
Use the latest and make sure you use the one for bigpart or nonbigpart depending on what build you have. Doesn't matter if you use vanilla with no GPU OC or the one with GPU OC. I personally use the GPU OC version.

Latest version (requires big part mod):

ElementalX-Xoom-2.1

smungai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Use the latest and make sure you use the one for bigpart or nonbigpart depending on what build you have. Doesn't matter if you use vanilla with no GPU OC or the one with GPU OC. I personally use the GPU OC version.

Latest version (requires big part mod):

ElementalX-Xoom-2.1
Thanks again. I've flashed Elemental 2.1 and also increased minimum speed to 456 MHz. It's still early days but haven't experienced any wake/boot issues. I will update after a week.
Happy Xooming!

smungai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Thanks again. I've flashed Elemental 2.1 and also increased minimum speed to 456 MHz. It's still early days but haven't experienced any wake/boot issues. I will update after a week.
Happy Xooming!
I'm happy to report that my Xoom hasn't experienced any problems at all so far. I can't say whether it's the latest kernel or the increased minimum speed but I'm so much happier with my Xoom. Many thanks to one and all help on this, the most amazing forum.