Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 51,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Waterproof case for galaxy-note 3

Tip us?

troyd28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Waterproof case for galaxy-note 3

Does anyone here know if they will make a waterproof case for the note 3 I mean I bike a lot and sometimes I get caught in the rain I'm not sure if anyone else does. But does any one have any details. I see the s4 and the iPhone have it why can't the note 3 have it? Thanks people for the input.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

RojasTKD
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Note 3 is a new device so you might have to wait until LifeProof or someone makes a case.

I would put it in a zip lock bag myself or one of those zip lock like bags made to protect you phone in water. I just would spend that much money on a case.

just checked ebay. Should be good enough if caught in the rain.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+case&_sacat=0
If I've been helpful please click the thanks button

troyd28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
I seen the 1st one on the the link you sent me that would make do but I'm not sure of that buyer or the location where it's coming from. But the note 2 never had any water proof cases made so I doubt the note 3 would have any.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

RojasTKD
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28 View Post
I seen the 1st one on the the link you sent me that would make do but I'm not sure of that buyer or the location where it's coming from.
Sent Via Tmobile note 3
Once you click a link you can see where it's shipping from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyd28 View Post
But the note 2 never had any water proof cases made so I doubt the note 3 would have any.
Sent Via Tmobile note 3
You mean like this:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+case&_sacat=0

Now I wouldn't trust these to go swimming, but should be ok with some rain. Or you could wait some expensive cases from the likes of LifeProof or someone.

Up to you now.
If I've been helpful please click the thanks button

troyd28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Oh those are note 2 but yes I guess we will have to wait and see I never knew they had like those for the note 2? I tested out the s4 I use to watch netflix in the shower lol that's when breaking bad was a hit.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

tclocki
Old
Thanks Meter 82
So it's been 3 months since the note 3 was released, do we now have waterproof cases available commercially?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9002 Dual Sim - Running on rooted stock ND2 firmware.

kms108
Old
(Last edited by kms108; 24th December 2013 at 08:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 826
if you search ebay you can find a few available.

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

droose
Old
(Last edited by droose; 3rd January 2014 at 03:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Just as an FYI, those LoveMEI cases are not actually water proof. They are lightly splash resistant. Do NOT get it and rely on it to protect your device in any sort of standing water.

--EDIT NOTE--

Those marketing images are GROSS exaggerations of what the case can or should handle.

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I actually waited until end of November for Note3 active, rumored to be released any day now. Finally I gave up waiting and got regular Note3, but still I'm surprised makers don't see market possibilities here, except maybe Sony. Anyhow, I'll be getting plastic ziplock thing they have to waterproof cameras etc. with BT headset for my outdoor adventures, but being as I'm buried under foot of snow, it seems like distant future, maybe they will have active model by then.

droose
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For what it's worth, I think the peer pressure is wearing down LifeProof to start working on one.

TRENDING IN THEMER...