Post Reply

[FIX][OMNI] Dolby Digital Modded

OP PulseDroid

2nd May 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #1  
PulseDroid's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,353
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More


Hi XDA! You might have seen the Dolby fix @surdu_petru supplied for Omni ROM which fixes the video lag issue. Although the fix works great, it creates a pesky notification icon and the useless Dolby app will show up in your app drawer.

So what I have done is edit the GlobalDolbyEffect.apk to hide it from the app drawer and make it a background process. I have also changed the DolbyMobileAudioEffectService.apk notification icon to the beats icon, which looks much better. I am still digging in the smali to completely remove the notification.

Screenshot:



Credits

@worstenbrood - The original fix
@surdu_petru - Omni ROM

Download

You can flash this even if you flashed Surdu's package first.

Dolby Media Fix.zip


Attached Files
File Type: zip Dolby Media Fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (808.0 KB, 474 views)
Last edited by PulseDroid; 2nd May 2014 at 10:27 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PulseDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #2  
PulseDroid's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,353
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Just in case




The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PulseDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #3  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8,195
 
3,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
Hello !

I'm glad to see more developers working for one goal !

I did quite a lot for this device, but even a little help is always welcome, and I even enjoy ...

Through this collaboration, community for this device will have much to gain !

Thank you very much

Edit :

Yes, you are right, your fix must be installed only after was installed my dolby service fix ( because in my update.zip was properly removed Beats Audio and added missing stuff ) !
Last edited by surdu_petru; 2nd May 2014 at 11:11 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #4  
PulseDroid's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,353
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by surdu_petru

Hello !

I'm glad to see more developers working for one goal !

I did quite a lot for this device, but even a little help is always welcome, and I even enjoy ...

Through this collaboration, community for this device will have much to gain !

Thank you very much

Edit :

Yes, you are right, your fix must be installed only after was installed my dolby service fix ( because in my update.zip was properly removed Beats Audio and added missing stuff ) !

I kept those changes from your zip, only removed the mms.

So yours doesn't have to be flashed first. But it wont be a problem if it was already.
2nd May 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #5  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 8,195
 
3,540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulseDroid

I kept those changes from your zip, only removed the mms.

So yours doesn't have to be flashed first. But it wont be a problem if it was already.

Ok, I didn't know, sorry ... in this case is very well !
2nd May 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #6  
DrRammel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 356
 
483 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
thanks for the fix, will flash it now, do i have to wipe cache and dalvik?
2nd May 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #7  
PulseDroid's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,353
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRammel

thanks for the fix, will flash it now, do i have to wipe cache and dalvik?

Preferably.
2nd May 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #8  
Rainca's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Thanks for your fix .I find that sometimes the status bar would move down ,such as your screenshots .Do u know how to fix it ?Sorry for my English .

Send from my Ascend P6
2nd May 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #9  
taaeem's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 231
 
727 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainca

Thanks for your fix .I find that sometimes the status bar would move down ,such as your screenshots .Do u know how to fix it ?Sorry for my English .

Send from my Ascend P6

That's an Omni Rom bug I think, I always had it on every Omni version, so it has nothing to do with Dolby.

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06

EDIT: I can't change the sound profile anymore when I press on the notification nothing happens.
Last edited by taaeem; 2nd May 2014 at 04:17 PM.
2nd May 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Altenbrak
Thanks Meter: 5
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Can you remove the icon in the notifications bar

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06 mit Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Ascend P6 Android Development by ThreadRank