Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (Q) Water damage Moto G

Tip us?

TheGerben
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] (Q) Water damage Moto G

So my Moto G fell in the water for like 5 seconds, and then I was stupid and turned him on after 10 minutes. Well the screen worked but speakers, camera and headset plugin we're defect. So then I putted him in a bag of rice for a day, but now he won't start up, he doesn't shows the 3 white leds. Is it the 0% bug?

Sorry for bad English.

ManBearrrPig
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGerben View Post
So my Moto G fell in the water for like 5 seconds, and then I was stupid and turned him on after 10 minutes. Well the screen worked but speakers, camera and headset plugin we're defect. So then I putted him in a bag of rice for a day, but now he won't start up, he doesn't shows the 3 white leds. Is it the 0% bug?

Sorry for bad English.
if you are sure it is 100% dry, then plug it in the charger and hold the power button for 2-3minutes. the white led should blink few times. leave it charging for an hour and than unplug it and hold the button and it should turn on.
The Following User Says Thank You to ManBearrrPig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Takenover83
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Ive seen people put their Moto G in water for 30+ minutes, and it was fine. That nano protecting coating is supposed to help.
If I helped you in someway please hit the THANKS button.
Rock'n a Motorola Moto G on Boost Mobile

mattheoh
Old
Thanks Meter 19
How long did you put the phone in rice ? It s at least 24h, and even 48h in several cases. Did you take off back cover and sim card ?
Other solution : put your phone in classic (not microwave ! :-/) hoven (not sure of the english word) during 15 minutes at low temperature : 60 to 70 degrees max.
Already tried this tips with a Motorola Milestone 2 and it worked.
Good luck.

sent from my Moto G - KK retail ROM

romuloxiii
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Check out the video of this Moto G placed underwater.
http://www.mobileburn.com/22487/news...not-waterproof

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SamsungAdmire
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Take off the battery cover and dry it out if you haven't already.
This girl put it inside the water for a full 30 minutes, and if your phone fell in for 5 seconds im pretty dam sure it could live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVaTKG5q4YI

mrclumcys
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Sorry for bad English.
R u moto g Hater?

Moto G: 30 Minutes Underwater! (Review Kickoff) - YouTube

TheGerben
Old
(Last edited by TheGerben; 20th February 2014 at 07:44 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I like the phone. But guys, it's misleading! My phone didn't even survive 5 seconds. Don't trust that videos. Or try it out yourself. Hmm, now it's in the charger and the white led is constantly on. But I can't swich him on.

mattheoh
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I like the phone. But guys, it's misleading! My phone didn't even survive 5 seconds. Don't trust that videos. Or try it out yourself. Hmm, now it's in the charger and the white led is constantly on. But I can't swich him on.
But does it seem completely dry inside ? Strange you can t switch it on at all.

sent from my Moto G - KK retail ROM

BarnOwl
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
I think you made a big mistake by turning it on after 10 minutes, might have caused a short circuit......
Jeroen
------------------
Motorola Moto G 16G Black Root 4.4 Stock + Xposed Gravity Box + Xposed GEL Settings
(Previous devices: XDA, MDA I, II and III,HTC, Iphone, Samsung Galaxy SIII etc.)

The Following User Says Thank You to BarnOwl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]